View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR 385 View Post
I have shown that there are better choices from a power/cost standpoint. I keep hearing “they are worth more at resale” and have been quiet about it until now. To assume every present and potential Cobra owner is willing to pay more money and be limited by the architecture of that antique engine family is impotent thinking at best. That somehow spending more money to build the FE ensures a higher return on investment. The market clearly shows that is not true. I would ask that you look at the sheer number of Windsor Engine powered Cobras. That is the most accurate gauge of what the community as a whole wants. Like it or not. From an investment standpoint, no engine family guarantees profitability at resale.
To continually preach “Better resale” is again, misinformation to those that are unfamiliar with the market. Dr385
Well clearly a small block powered Cobra will be cheaper to buy, since the engines are cheaper. Cheaper prices attract more crowds and buyers.

I can only speak for myself, but I wanted a 427 Cobra that, within my financial reason, was similar to the original 427 Cobra. The 385 engine family and the Windsor engine family did not provide me with enough similarity.

Everyone has different standards, but my intuition/opinion would tell me with two equivalent SPFs, but one has an FE, and the other a 385 or Windsor, the FE-powered SPF would/should sell for more. How much more? It would depend on the two engine builds.

Personally, I'm not sure what the market "clearly" tells you and I've watched it for a few years.

Gee, I can't wait for your typically insult-laced diatribe with lots of medical and psychiatric words and terms.