View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:38 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopar@gvtc.com View Post
Tell me about power, driveability, suspension, age/mileage, paint, reliability.
Thanks,
g.
Power, at the crank I was told 500HP, an equal amount of torque, although where I am in PA (and my 70+hr work week), I have not had the opportunity to run it on a chassis dyno to nail those numbers down. Car runs on super unleaded 92 octane pump gas (that is what the motor was built to run on), suspension has been entirely gone through in the last 6 months, front bushings have been upgraded to polyurethane replacements for a more responsive steering "feel". Car was originally built 22 years ago and sat in storage for several years (which is why I went through it from top to bottom this past winter), have probably put 1,500 miles on it so far this year, less than 10,000 original miles on the car). Suspension is tubular front end, Jag based IRS (Independent Rear Suspension). Paint has a few stone chips, but shines like new (without wax to hide any defects). Reliability, the car was originally built with that in mind, this is my personal car and I am very anal when it comes to vehicles that I drive, be it the Cobra, or my 2K Expedition. If I had the time off, I would not hesitate to drive it cross country. Any other questions, just let me know.

Also, since you are new to this, I suggest you read the "How to buy a used Cobra" post for the FAQ here.
Need advice, point me in the right direction . . .

Either way, have fun with your search, as sometimes that is half the fun.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS