View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

The Tweecer is working quite well for me in that it allows data logging and provides a way to try different changes to the EFI program. I've added the Binary Editor and EEC Analyzer software programs which are a great aid in making modifications to the program. Also borrowed and Innovate LM-1 wide band sensor to monitor air/fuel ratios during data logs which is extremely helpful. In a nutshell the Tweecer is easy to set up and use but it's only the tip of the iceberg.
Starting as I did from knowing essentially nothing about the EFI system I've learned a great deal about the system and what makes it tick but still a rank amateur. Pretty steep learning curve but I'm closing in on it. I've leaned very heavily and the very patient and knowledgeable folk at EECTuning.org and they've been extremely helpful in not only explaining some of the more esoteric aspects of the system to me but offering advice to keep me on path as I go along.
As it stands right now I've got the Open Loop side of the system pretty close to where it should be and am getting ready to start doing battle with the Closed Loop side. Our weather here in the northwest is getting ready to turn wet so it will slow down my progress considerably but I'll keep plugging along.