View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Still here....

I agree with most of Rick's commentary. I have the fortune of being near many good EFI guys - BS3 and DFI are both right in the neighborhood. Recommendations are to always "push" a smaller injector rather than have a big one act lazy. I ran 65 lb injectors in a 505 inch 712 horsepower engine at 45psi with capacity to spare. At 60 psi you'll be able to support well over 800 - but probably too big to idle well.

We did a few things to help idle. We made an isolator block to split the MAP and the IAC into seperate chambers- otherwise they "crosstalk" and can make the idle hunt - IAC opens, MAP sees that as a load increase due to the vac drop and richens the mix, which lowers the idle speed, and continuous loop....

Each chamber has a separate spiderweb of 1/8 vac feed hoses from each throttle body - we added those. It idles very clean and sounded good on the dyno. No way to check in car behavior yet - the engine is still not in the chassis - sctually a Dearborn Duece street rod that is still under construction.

I would try a smaller injector and lower pressures...

"I can do that....."

Engine Masters Challenge Entries
91 octane - single 4bbl - mufflers
2008 - 429 cid FE HR - 675HP
2007 - 429 cid FE MR - 659HP
2006 - 434 cid FE MR - 678HP
2005 - 505 cid FE MR - 752HP