View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk3, Roush 427
Not Ranked     
Default Intro time- New FFR owner :)

I guess it's time I post up an intro!

I bought my car in the beginning of August, 2 days before I went overseas for 2 weeks.. Talk about looking forward to something at home

I bought this from Bob O'Connor of Baysport, who had built the car on 07-08 with his late brother, who was on these forums around that time.

It's got an FMS crate 351W, Tremec TKO600, and a Ford 8.8 rear with the 3-link. Power steering and power brakes, and nice LARGE brake rotors from the Cobra R in front (making 17" wheels necessary). I test drove one with bad brakes, and can't afford the underwear changes!

I had a few minor issues which I corrected- first thing was the original FFR radiaor mount failed (top radiator web cracked). I added the breeze lower reinforcement bar, fabbed up a clamp plate for the top, and that's that

There was also a mysterious power steering fluid leak, which I've been trying to pinpoint with strategically placed paper towels. No leaks so far- it's either working like Schrodinger's cat-box in reverse, or it could have been a loose reservoir cap I hope it was just the latter (boy, a couple ounces of fluid makes a holy mess under the car!).

Anyhow, I've finally gotten to enjoy the car- I took it on a nice drive today. The front shocks will go back to Bilstein for the recall/rebuild next week.

-Dave
Attached Images