View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Deb sent through a few photos and I took a couple with my phone

Have set up a page on the club site

http://www.cobracarclubvic.org.au/Ev...lls050909.html

This is the scene on arrival - note the resurrection of Rob's Robnell (forground red with white stripes and circle) - rolled over at the '08 Nationals

- they're hard as nails in Gippy - the wind was about 400 knots & freezing but the guy from the East Gippsland Car Club fronted us in a shirt and said it was a nice day !

The track has just recently been built and the main building is still under construction - looks the business

The terrain is very steep

( and yes - that photo was taken from the car-park/viewing area where you can watch the cars comin at ya )
The track has been constructed to test drivers with flat and off-camber corners

There have been six rollover since opening and one write-off but fortunately no-one was injured during our outing

Colin turned up with the yummy Superformance Daytona

[sounds sensational]

Having conquered the whole 'cobra thing' Ross Kaig has been racing a Historic MG (the flywheel is so light it sounds like a rotary)

Thanks again to the CCCV for putting on the event - especially Jason

- and as usual Rohan showed what a great guy he is to have around by cooking lunch for us all - thank you Stiffy

I think everyone is looking forward to a return visit.

LoBelly

Last edited by LoBelly; 09-09-2009 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: forgot to show daytona