View Single Post
Old 12-01-2001, 05:37 AM
I'm a bonehead!
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by CJ428CJ
I'm in the process of putting my 428 together. I'm using the Edelbrock 6006 heads and the Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold. With this combination, the drip rails that mount under the rocker arm stands don't fit. There's too much interference with the manifold. I could cut away part of the drip rails but it would require a lot of trimming and it would seem to defeat the purpose of the drip rails. I plan on not using the drip rails at all. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Chris
I had this problem as well. I found a set that worked, but now don't remember what exactly they came from...I had a bunch of different sets. But one type DOES work...medium riser, low riser, slipped on just fine.

I believe if you call Edelbrock tech they can give you the specific part number/application that works.

As for the stock parts used by Edelbrock...maybe I had a good machinist who wasn't looking to pad a bill, or maybe I got lucky, but he looked everything over and pronounced it good to go. I DID have a problem with the Shelby rocker setup which arrived miss-assembled.