View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
Has anyone had to deal with an air lock in the demister or heater hoses as a result of having the demister higher than the engine?
HA ! guess what I was doing today...Brand new edelbrock water pump and not a cracker of water flow through the heater outlets. Bought some clear hose to watch for the flow. Opened the end of the return line to the pump and still no flow. I eventually got a flow by directing the pump outlet flow into a bucket (used another hose) whilst pouring water into the disconnected line. What a bloody mess. Green water everywhere. By the time I got the hose connected again I had another air lock. One down side of doing it alone. So...I machined up a bleeder fitting. Tomorrow I will fit it and see what happens. I reckon I'll be able to remove the bleeder once I've got a completely full circuit.
What was catching me out was the way the pump acted. Nothing happened for about 60 seconds or more, then away it went. So if you disconnected the return hose off the pump and put your thumb over that pump fitting whilst leaving the return hose end open. It'll probably start to flow.(engine running) I can't do that because I can't get to the fitting easily. Good luck.
Smithy