View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCW View Post
I'm not bashing BDR, I actually think they have a great car. On the track they are tearing it up with wins. I have talked to a number of their dealers, Jay from Vintage, Frank Dodd from BDR Racing and Bill from GC Perf. All of them have been great but when asked about how the warranty will work with the motor, it seems that it is more my problem to deal with Roush. That doesn't seem right when I paid them the money for the motor and to do the install. I can just see a nightmare waiting to happen. I have a problem I call the dealer, they say well your on the west coast you can deal with Roush. I call Roush and they say, you need to deal with your dealer that did the install and work through them. Both sides are pointing fingers at each other and I'm the one in the middle and who's out the money, time and frustration.

If I felt that I would be taken care of like Peter was with the above hypothetical, I wouldn't mind giving BDR/Roush my business and my hard earned money. I know SPF dealer would bend over backwards to make things right if something when wrong, mainly because they are close to me, much like VMS did for Peter. The question is, would BDR do the same for me even though I'm on the west coast???

Craig
There as old saying, "start with the end in mind." It seems like the first decision is not how a hypothetical warranty issue might be resolved, but which car is right for you.

If you buy an SPF with a Roush in California, a Roush dealer/installer would handle any potential problems. If a BDR is the car that you really want, then work with a Roush dealer/installer like Full Throttle or Mustang Ranch to determine how potential warranty issues might be resolved (even if you or some other third party does the install).

At the end of the day, a BDR or a SPF dealer might be an advocate for you should a problem arise, but the main contact regarding any potential engine problems would be your dealer/installer, or you (if self installed).

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it