View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     
Default MHCC Goes to Grand Lake, CO

Every year, the Mile Hi CObra Club takes a 3 day week end to Grand Lake, CO. It's not a long trip, only a couple of hours from Denver. For me, this is always the highlight of the year. It's a layed back relaxed event. We take over a hotel on the lake, and spend the week end goofing off. We drink a little alcohol - not as much as you might think - talk car tech, tell stories and jokes, and generally have a good time.

We met the group in Morrison, CO, on Friday Morning. Most of the club is from the Denver area. From there, we take a few back roads, and eventually hit I-70 for a short stretch. Then over Berthoud Pass, to Winter Park, and Granby. The weather was pretty nice; a little gray in spots, but dry.

This picture was taken last year on Berthoud Pass.

We arrive in Grand Lake sometime in the early afternoon. No rush. We spend a little time on the deck goofing off. Most of the group went bowling, as there are trophies at stake.

After bowling, it's pizza on the deck again. And a few adult bevergaes.

When it gets cold enough, people retreat to their rooms, and a comfy bed. Michele and I called it a night around 2130; Yes, we're old now.