View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

The weather was off and on, some sun, a few small rain storms. Again, no big deal. The deck is Meeting Central. We spend a lot of time here, enjoying the lake and the company.

After lunch we went over to the go cart track. It's a pretty small track, with low powered cars. What a blast we had! Bumping and grinding, spinning out, hitting the rails. We laughed the whole time. Then it started to rain. That made it even more interesting. When it's dry, you just mash the throttle and go. When it's wet, a little more caution is required.

Michele said we were all grinning like a bunch of 12 year old boys. And I felt like one, too. No pictures. Our photographer was busy spinning out in turn 4. That was a lot of fun, and worth every penny.

While taking a break on the deck, Michele got this picture of our beloved leader, Al. Or Art. Or The Dude. Or whatever. Anyway, I zoomed it in and enhanced it just a touch. Now you know what puts the gleam in a man's eye.

Then it was about time for dinner. The local BBQ joint supplies us with a pretty good meal. Because the weather was bad, out hotel manager let us use their event room. It's a beautifull room with huge windows overlooking the lake.

Moste everyone stayed there to play games, drink beer, and stay warm. A couple of us went over to see the local playhouse feature. It was a musical, called The Andrews Brothers. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pop a hernia! I gotta tell ya, these three guys do NOT make a reasonable representative of the Andrews Sisters! It was 2 hours well spent.