View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb What kind of fuel pump

commercialcobb A first name would be nice to call you, anyway What kind of fuel pump are you running electric or off the motor? Aluminum fuel lines are having not the best to run for a fuel system Methonal in the gas is on the rise. Do you have ANY rubber to maker connections? Octane booster, E-85 gas will eat the rubber and degrade it into little balls of goo. You need to full the fuel cell and check to see if there is a one way valve in the fuel cell. As others have said some gases break down the foam in the fuel cell.
Down the road I would also tell you to replace that Aluminum fuel line with either steel, plastic, or SSteel line. Aluminum is not safe for a street car. Some states will not allow you to pass inspection for the state with this kind of line. NJ is one of them. For now, you might want to have rubber clamps every 12" to stop any vibration of the line. I have seen pro street cars burn to the ground from running Aluminum lines. They where doing this because of the color blue and red coatings.