View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default What about the manifold?

Stentor Think it will be great to have another FE with rare 58 mm runing on the street. Where are you geting the manifold from? You know that the 48mm bores are about 1 7/8" butterflys and the 58 mm are 2.1/4" There is alot of welding and machining for this to work. I know what Dave S went through. There is only about 1/8" of mounting surface in some spots. What cam shaft are you going with. Lift and duration are no problem the overlap is what will make the car great to cruise and drive or the reversion is going to give you a fuel bath. I hope you talk to the forefather who do this for a living like Iglesis or Gene Olberg. I believe that Gene is more into German motors, Porsche and VW. Make sure you have a large fuel system with 1/2" line and 3/8" return with a big pump and good pressure regulator. Have 2 outlets fron the tank to the fuel pump. Dave has a weldon pump in the r/r corner of his car with 2 pickups. The ERA gas tank is heavily modified. Looking forward to your build. Rick L.