View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

As far as cockpit heat goes , I didn`t see it on your list , but definitely get the ERA heat shields between the primaries and the foot box . I live in SC and summer here is upper 90`s to low 100`s ..... and the foot boxes definitely get hot , even with the shields . I also insulated the vent hoses under the hood where they pass over the primaries . One thing I found out the hard way ... the vent controls work backwards . If you pull them out , it shuts off the air and all the way in opens them . Bob P. said it was done that way since everyone seems to leave them open all the time and the dash looks better with the controls pushed in .
You`ll be hot anyway .... after all it`s a convertible and you live in FL !
I went with a 3.54 rear and the TKO with the .82 fifth gear . I understand what you mean about speeds in FL as that used to be part of my territory ... and if you don`t run 80 + , you get run over . However , your cam selection will have an effect on where your cruising rpm needs to be and where your engine ( and you ) are happy I would think that 2000 rpm might be out of your powerband if you needed a sudden burst of speed . 2600 rpm works well for me at 70 .... after all , my 427 Galaxie runs 3200 rpm at 70 mph !! Analyze your driving habits well before making that choice . How much will actually be in areas where you will do 80 + ?