View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm not speaking as a party member on any side on this matter.

The simple fact is Obama's story, his upbringing, his life, his background, his rise to President, a black man at that, IS an "inspiring story". Perhaps not to you, or even neccessarily to me, but to the National audience. It IS "good copy", it WILL sell books, it WILL and is all ready, inspiring many young people of all races to consider their life in a new light.

Take for instance, Shelby's "story". Fascinating, while we can pick apart the man for mistakes, big and small, along the way, his story makes good copy. It sells, it inspires some, makes others gag, but it is not easily dismissed. A chicken farmer from Texas goes to Europe and becomes enormously successful in his career. Fascinating, inspiring, it's just good copy, regardless of how "we" might feel about it personally.

While Hitler may be fascinating, he is certainly not inspiring, to MOST people, that being the key word, "most". I believe history will look kindly on Obama and in the future his mistakes (if any ) will not be the focus of his lifes work. Just my non-partisan opinion/prediction on that issue.