View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm a relatively new member here and see this forum more or less like others I belong to. Generally friendly, has its little clicks, has it's odd antagonist, just like all forums. Basically like a social event everybody can attend, so all personalities show up.

I do find a lot of the stories interesting, although my main interest are technical issues. So far, I like this forum. The diversity of the site makes for interesting reading, not to mention the help and knowledge available. And I try to help too, if I can.

As mentioned in other posts to this thread, it's all too easy to be snotty when behind a PC. All that's required is manners. In person, I would expect the bad manners to be absent. It's not unlike driving a car. Some of those rude drivers who cut you off, etc. can be the nicest people when met face to face. I start with giving everybody a decent amount of respect. They either earn more, or lose more from there. And when they lose my respect, I try to ignore them vs getting into a pi$$ing contest. It's not that difficult, although there are times.......

As far as losing members, I've seen this on other (non-related) forums. Usually happens for two reasons:

1/ People come for help and once they've achieved their goal, they dissappear, sometimes for good.

2/ Older members sometimes tire of simple questions and can be quite condescending to a "newbie" who is starting fresh.

I havn't seen #2 yet, but I havn't been a member that long. Hopefully I won't see it.