View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Crate Motor M6007- C514

Cobra Tracks, Its likely the engine is newer than 1997, the 514 Crate if supplied from Ford Motorsport/Ford Racing the part number was

M6007-C514
The intro paragraph on the instruction sheet is as follows:

OVERVIEW:
The M-6007-C514 engine assembly uses a combination of heavy duty marine and Ford Racing components including CJ cylinder heads, a cast stroker crank, forged aluminum Ford Racing/TRW pistons, a high performance mechanical roller cam and a Victor Jr. single plane intake manifold. The M-6007-C514 engine also features Eagle SAE 4340 H-beam connecting rods. The 514 engine is primarily intended for drag race competition. Although it could be used in street vehicles not subject to exhaust emission regulations, the low idle vacuum and street drivability issues may make it difficult to operate in stop and go traffic.
Engine blueprint specs are listed on the attached spec sheet.

I have the instruction sheet with the basic specs for this motor, but you can find it also by google. Just type in the part number. There should be a steel tag attached to side of engine block from Ford Racing with part number and serial number if they supplied the engine. Part number above MAY have changed slightly over the years that they supplied this 514 in crate fashion (they like to revise numbers to D514 or E514 when there is a change ). Dont quote me as gospel, but I think they started producing this 514 spec in crate engine form around or near CY 2001 ish. PM me with an email and I can send the .pdf file to you.
Bill

Last edited by kitcarbp; 10-01-2009 at 06:34 AM..