Old 09-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfletch View Post
trularin,

This site has lost some of it's credibility in the last 2 years due to the lack of respect from some of it's most vocal members. The trend has been away from cars to politics and indiscriminate bashing sometimes. Pity. Yes, there is a reason we have no women posters. Want to guess? Maybe this site will be self correcting. Maybe not. Thanks for raising the subject.
I will have to take the counterpoint to this statement. Is this lack of credibility quantifiable?

No women posters may be a reflection of our hobby in general.

As others have said, just read threads you like. Personally, I steer away from anything that's not Cobra or car-related. The other threads I ignore. Actually, this is the type of thread I tend to ignore. Why? While it purports to want things they way they used to be (credible, respectful, many women), back when Eddie Haskell and The Beave were on TV (hyperbole), what actually results is a bashing thread...the exact opposite (e.g., no respect, no credibility, no women, etc.).

This site is very helpful (e.g., EFI, Webers, Tires, Breakfasts, Ring Gears, Vacuum Advance, Cylinder Heads, ERA ordering options, etc.). I still search around and get answers to my questions, I still enjoy 99.99% of the people here.

Just my $0.02.