View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Petty envy, sour grapes, the desire to knock SAI and Carroll Shelby and demean his cars and the owners of his continuation cars whenever they tired to defend their cars (except for the originals) have developed a toxic atomosphere over the years. Kinda hard to maintain or nurture interest in Cobra replicas, original Cobras or continuation series Cobras and the hobby in general when guys spend most of their time taking pot shots at SAI, Shelby and his cars. SAAC setting the record straight on the continuation series didn't even stop some from carrying on. There were some other issues but that was the most toxic subject discussed here by far.

What did you expect when so called "enthusiasts" here who were supposed to be Cobra/Shelby fans spent more time knocking Shelby and his cars which indirectly is a put down to the Cobra in general and the hobby then building up the hobby and the Cobra as you would expect of any enthusiast site.

The attitude of some was so bad and the infighting in this Cobra hobby so bad that at one time I even considered selling my beautiful Shelby Cobra because of it and then realized why should I sell my car because of the bad attitude and jealous envy of others motivating many to put the car down. Glad I never sold her. Its almost ten years now and I still love driving her.

The results here are no surprise to me.

My only interest here is limited to setting the record straight when I see some post knocking or putting down the Continuation series.

Beyond that I have no interest here.

There are a few guys here that I do like and don't fall into my general feelings and opinion as stated.

Flame on.

Takes care.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-25-2009 at 03:07 PM..