View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 12:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Hi Baz, great job, beautiful finish. I was looking through your gallery and looks like youv'e had your wiring loom rapped in a woven cotton. Did you use the guys in Melbourne?

Regards.
No mate. Jimmy from Sideshow Performance Wiring in Sydney is responsible and deserves all the credit as well as his capable offsider Justin.

I think that my car is the only Cobra world-wide with a 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission fitted. It has it's own ECU and really created a massive problem trying to get it to talk to the Engine ECU.

On the manual side of the 6 speed transmission, it was looking for airbags, sound system settings etc., which it has to cope with in the current model Performance GM vehicles such as HSV Grange, Senator and GTS models.

The Cobra had none of these, so Jimmy and Justin had to work out a method to convince the transmission that they were present, even though they weren't. A massive challenge for both of them. To their credit, it works like a charm and has now made them a world-wide authority on this conversion.

Baz