View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcarbp View Post
PatrickT- Thanks I have a digital CD box installed (not msd) dont know what you mean by choke, do they struggle to read the multi-sparks wave forms?
Yes, your old tach/dwell is not going to work at all on a MSD unit, probably won't work on your digital CD box either. Think about it; how do you measure how long your points are hanging open when you're getting multiple sparks? I know MSD sells a special tool for working with their boxes; but I have no experience with one. Some timing lights will not work with an MSD box, maybe your digital CD box as well, and some will. There is no rhyme or reason to which ones work and which ones don't, but if you put a light on your engine and the mark looks like it's going nuts, don't panic, it's probably just the timing light. What I love about my Cobra is that I use the same tools to work on it that I used when I was in high school and could barely afford a pot to pi$$ in. You really don't need a lot of expense stuff.