View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadesters ltd, 302, T5
Not Ranked     

Ed: Thanks for heads up on bolting down the body first.

In doing model A fords which have no door adjustment at all, you adjust the body to the door, as compared to adjusting the door to the body. I figured this would be a combination of each.

A little secret, once the doors are fully adjusted then prior to removal drill a small hole thru the cowl plate thru the hinge, then insert a small roll pin, (two are better. then the roll pin in this case will remain on the hinge. When reinstalling the door the two roll pins will place the hinge in the exact same position it was previously. Alternatively, you can just drill the holes, and then use an ice pick or similar device to place the doors in the exact same position. This trick can also be used on hood hinges or similar situations.

Here I go dreaming again, by this week end, I hope to have a completely new set of hinges made that would be 6 way adjustable, that would have the entire door opening to the outside of the fender, and once installed with roll pins would not move at all. After built to my satisfaction jigs will be built for production. For my first set I have cut off the hinge sleeve and used the bushings and sleeve to attach to these prototypes. If successful I will have to find a suitable pin and bushing and sleeve for production.

Wish me luck,