View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Sorry to be so long getting a post in but I've been doing a number of end of summer runs and work around the house that takes valuable time away from the Cobra but the house is still worth more so it takes priority.
The 02's were never in the collector since Chris was insistent that they be within 18" of the flange. I've been using a wide band 02 with an Innovate LM-1 system to get the AFR logged and it's made acquiring data much easier and more accurate. The wide band 02 has it's own heater so I get reasonable accurate readings. It's mounted in a bracket clamped to the end of the side pipe.
Going to the closed loop side of the system has generated a whole range of anomalies to address. Nothing world stopping but it's back to the books and advice columns to try to work them out. Primary problem is all the data shows lean using the same MAF curve that worked quite well in open loop.
My gut tells me there's something in the closed loop side of the tune that is out of line since the closed loop curve ran quite well. Lean tip ins from idle and coming back on the throttle after decelerations are by far the largest issues.
I'll try to be better about updating in the future.
DonC