View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 - #783
Not Ranked     
Default White Paints When Separated

I've been trying to find out which paints I want to use for my car, and I ordered a bunch of touch-up paints in both blues and whites.

After letting the bottles settle for a day or so, the whites separate out. Now I know that the picture does not represent the actual colors but I thought you guys might be interested to see the relative differences between them. I white balanced the camera to the sheet of copier paper behind the bottles.

In order:

GM Artic White, Wimbledon White, GM White Diamond Pearl (two bottles), Toyota Blizzard Pearl (two bottles)

First, on the left, GM Arctic White. This bright/cool white paint has a lot of blue in it as expected.

Next, Wimbledon White. This paint separates the most, with white solids at the bottom and thinner throughout the rest of the bottle.

GM White Diamond Pearl has more of a ivory/cream base with some black at the top, and its midcoat is a similar cream with very small flecks in it.

Toyota Blizzard Pearl has a darker, grayer base with a whiter white at the bottom and more black at the top. Its midcoat is much thinner but the flecks are a little bigger with more color reflection in the flecks.