View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #621, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     
Default I need your thoughts>>>

A couple weeks ago two HCC members started discussing how it would be cool if the Operation Comfort "Automotivation" team built a Cobra replica and auctioned it off to raise money for the charity. These two guys happen to both have Lonestars that they built from scratch. They contacted Brian at LSC and he's interested. Janis at Operation Comfort spoke to the soldiers and they're interested. They have a complete shop and paint booth and I'm certain they could complete the job.

This is a trial balloon, I need to know if there's interest in the Cobra family out there, not just the Texas group but the entire family to help with this? LSC is willing to help with some of the cost, Operation Comfort has been contacted by previous donor/sponsors asking how they can help this year. We're currently working on a list of items and their cost to complete the Kit for Janis to present to the donor/sponsors. OC is a 501(c)(3) charity and you'll get a receipt for your contribution. Contributions should be made through the OC website http://www.operationcomfort.org/ and specify the contribution for "Automotivation Cobra Build". Follow up with an email direct to Janis ( jroz814@yahoo.com ) with your name, contribution and that your contribution was for "Automotivation Cobra Build". OC will build the car and auction it off to raise money for the soldiers. Other manufacturers have expressed an interest in the next project (Lonestar this year, FFR next etc, etc). A Kit Car magazine has expressed an interest in covering the story.

The most difficult part given the state of the economy is to ask for donations. It's also sort of short notice, just over two months to get the funds in place. LSC's kit I understand can be purchased in stages. What are your thoughts? Complete LSC kit minus motor, trans, clutch is ~$20,000. If we could raise $3-$5,000 to get this started maybe we could get some corporate backing, sponsors and other donors for parts to complete the project.