View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default How to deal with questions/comments where the answer is....well....you know...

I've read enough on this site that most of us are faced with similiar questions by the curious public. "Is it real?" must top the list. That one just gets me tongue-tied. I prefer to be polite in my response and not resort to snotty or sarcastic answers, so that limits things a bit. Words like "kit" don't do the car (or me) justice. "Replica" is only slightly better.

Questions/Statements I need to be better able to deal with:

Q1/ Is it real?

A1/ I have still not come up with a good, polite, informative answwer on this one.

Q2/ "You can't get very good gas mileage with those two carbs"

A2/ I want to say "I dont' care", but this comment just comes from someone who can only see an automobile as transportation. No appropriate response comes to mind.

Q3/ Why does it say 427 on the fender, but 428 on the valve covers?

A3/ I try to explain the 428 being a street engine vs the 427 being a race engine, which isn't exactly the reason, but is a fairly easy answer. I think in the end, I may swap valve covers to ones that say "Cobra LeMans"

Q4/ What kind of car is it?

A4/ I just say "It's a Ford". Odd, but they don't ask for further details after that.

So.....can anyone think of some nice, polite, informative, short answers?

Any other common questions I didn't think of, and "nice, polite, informative, short answers" for those?