View Single Post
Old 12-06-2001, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default SONNY: CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT?

Sonny,

While I have you in this thread, let me ask you a question about my clutch adjustment. I have a top loader, with a hydraulic clutch. I have adjusted the clutch to the point where it shifts fine and works seemingly quite well. However, after I have run the car for 20-30 miles, or otherwise to the point where it is warm from travel, the clutch seems to loose some adjustment and want to grind to gear. Physically, the adjustment arm has not deviated, as I have the locking nut securely in place. It seems to only do this after the system has been run for a while. Also, I notice that the clutch pedal will sometimes not have any initial resistance, but a quick pump of the pedal immediately regains pressure. I bled out the system ( I thought, thoroughly), when I installed the new slave on Monday. Also have rechecked and topped off the master with fluid. While it doesn't seem to be a problem, I'm just gaining info on the characteristics of what to expect on my car operation. Do you have any thoughts on these two questions? Thanks!!

FIAFRED