View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra 390
Not Ranked     
Default Registeration

Ok guys, after installing the e-brake and wiper motor and finally getting the car back on the road, I took it to the Weth DMV a couple of weeks ago.

I paid over $200 to get the care towed, waited in line for over 1.5 yrs, I finally entered the bay, and they told me that the garage was closed and I would have to come back another day. I was pretty peed off after hearing that (and paying a total of $200 for towing to/from house).

I decided to take the entire day off the following Monday and arrive at 8am when the inspection office opened. I waited all of 5 minutes, got waived in, and within 30 min I was out and passed. I personally think the inspector ( a lady and older grey haired gentlemen) felt bad that they told me to go home the Friday prior. They were actually very pleasant to talk with and fairly knowledgeable about the process...

In any event, I would suggest that people:

- Go early for inspections
- Have all their paperwork ready to go
- Make sure you have working wipers, e-brake, horn and brakes

By the way, I had no bumpers and my exhaust was cut way short of the back of the door.

Overall, pretty miserable experience at the outset, but I am very happy that the inspectors were reasonable people and had a heart.

Anyone in CT interested in a ride in the 30 degree weather????