View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     
Default Scam with Paypal now too?

I got a reply to an ad I had on Craigs list asking if what I was selling was still available. I replied it was and got this back from them.

Thanks for your reply and am glad to know that it is still available for sale.However i have few questions on the product you are selling.
1,I would like to know the reason you are selling it..?
2,What is the current condition of the item..?
3,What is your firm price, though am okay with the listing price..?
4,Do you have the original box and the receipt for it ..?
5,Do you mind if i pay through paypal even though i will add an extra dollars to cover the shipping because am currently not local at the moment,Am out of town participating in a research project and i would like to purchase it from you on behalf of my friend and i think this is the best thing i could buy her because she has been a good firend to me.

If you do not have a PayPal account, you can do so by going to www.PayPal.com and set up your account it is free,easy and guarantees transaction safety.Once you send me your paypal email account, I will send you the payment for your item as well as $100 USD to cover shipping via USPS EXPRESS MAIL INTL.
I would be glad if my request is favorably considered.
Thanks

It certainly sounds like the 'ol Nigerian scam but with Paypal?? Usually the give you a money order or cashiers check. Not sure how they are stealing with Paypal. Anyways, I replied with the follwing.

1. I am selling because it is broken and does not work. It was dropped from a 2nd floor window.

2. The items current condition is broken, in several pieces and incomplete.

3. If your ok with asking price then that is what you need to pay me for item.

4. I do not have receipt as item was stolen from neighbors car. I do not have original box, but the remaining broken pieces are in a shoe box so shipping will be easy.

5. Paypal is fine. But you will have to add an extra $125 to cover thier fees.

I hope my request is considered favorable to you.

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42