Thread: PCV setup
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 707, 446ci FE
Not Ranked     

Okay, slight change of direction but I'll just extend this thread.

I have two or three solutions to gate the rear breather hole to manifold vacuum. One is to use the kit that Gessford put together, which puts the PCV valve in a Dove plate in the breather hole. Tube to carb vacuum, done. It's okay but not terribly good-looking, and it's $90 besides.

The other option is to use an OEM breather plate with a tube nipple on it, which I think was used with an inline PCV valve (tube in, tube out to carb). Not bad but a little... OEM-looking for my taste.

What I'd REALLY like to do is use a thread-in PCV valve into one of the intake ports (there are two 3/8 NPT ports I'm not using) and just run a tube to the OEM plate. The problem is that most PCV valves I've found with a threaded end have the vacuum connection on the other, tube end. I need to find a PCV valve that has a 3/8 NPT threaded VACUUM end, with a tube (or any other kind of connection) to the actual crankcase port.

There are ten zillion PCV valve styles; there must be one like this in the parts books. Does anyone have a clue how I'd find the part number from, say, NAPA? Anyone know of a parts source with purty pitchers of all the different valves, or something similar? I've browsed the local parts stores but found nothing hanging on their hooks.

= Si Opus Quadratum vis, angulos praecidere noli. =

Last edited by Gunner; 10-23-2009 at 05:54 PM..