View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

You are very welcome, Jim. Another historic Western States Cobra Group meetup, here and gone once again. Sometimes the photos can help carry us through to reflect until we meet again somehwere!

To ALL,

The final report was:
- Most really liked the place, cooler weather, ocean air.
- Resort was a great value with club discount, loved the beach.

Most who reported back with some details, generally said:
1. "Don't change a thing about location"
2. "Maybe plan an alternate drives and/or stopover next year"
3. Those who did the Hwy1 South run, loved it!

I'm thinking one major drive day next year on Saturday, and leave the other two days (Thur/Fri) as destination days; maybe we can go and stop somewhere on Friday at a nice place and just hang out with the cars, eat, walk about, for the whole afternoon; wherever that would be. Some kind of casual afternoon somwhere near the ocean or inland is fine too, if we can find the right place. Maybe somehwere we can make the cars visible to public vs. a private car show, or on a nice golf course or something. Hahaha "Concorso WSCG" on Friday.

2010 WSCG VOLUNTEERS (Need 2):
I'm looking for two SOLID and UNWAIVERING VOLUNTEERS to find and coordinate the right drive/destination place for Friday next year if we do CH1 again in 2010. Preferrably, someone who lives within 1-HR of Monterey Peninsula, or closer. To find the perfect place where we can hang out for the afternoon once we get there, casually. Please send me PM if you believe you are (very available, very serious, and a detail oriented person with connections). Someone who can leverable personal business connections would be key for the group. I'm exploring ideas in November. Something nice or very scenic, relaxing, and/or very fun for the WSCG attendees - is a must! Referrals welcome. Thanks!

Last edited by decooney; 10-26-2009 at 09:05 AM..