View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 10:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic ND 427 big block 427 ford with tri power I know the 427 didnt come with tri power just wanted something different. 9 inc. ford rear end top loader four wheel dic brakes.
Not Ranked     
Default Winter Safety Check

Guys,
I have been under my Cobra the last two weeks checking nuts and bolts and fixing a few things before I turn the Cobra over to the new owner. I have always check the car once a year for broken bolts and just got under it and look at things. After having the Cobra on the road for several years i was shifting into third gear about 80mph and i broke a rear upper control arm as the Cobra start to go off the road to the right, I turn the steering wheel all the way to left and just manage to stay on the road. i then went home change my shorts. I had a friend who was drag racing his Cobra back about ten years ago and just after he when thru the trap he broke a right front suspenion part at 140mph and went into the guardrail and then did sven end over ends and walk away with out being hurt from that point on he always look his {new} Cobra over each year and sometimes more then once. I have also notice that most of us dont have any padding on are roll bars and we should. These Cobras are run hard so think about it and have great summer in 2010.

Andy