View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default Getting ready for ShelbyFest

With me being a definate starter for Shelby Fest next year I figured Ronda's Fraud Crapi was going to struggle as a tow car.

late last year one of Ronda's uncles passed away and I was given his old Valiant, initially I was going to use it as parts on Ronda's Charger, but decided in teh end it was too nice a car to cut up, so the plan became to get it on club rego and use it as a tow car.

Well in teh past few weeks I have converted it from 4 wheel drum brakes with no booster to boosted disk brake front and drum rear.
The car stops so much better now.
I was also going to fit a Celica 5 speed but was advised not to use 5th gear for towing so have decided to leave the car as a 3 speed colomn shift, it may become a 4 speed floor shift in the future to make getting away with trailer in tow a little easier - especially if on a hill.
Here are some pics, I am yet to remove the roof rack and buff the roof, I have front carpet arriving next week, and am modifying teh back as 1 big storage area (the car has no back seat as it was a hearse).
Here are some pics from before and after.
This is as I found it when first picked it up, it had been this way since early 2003 atleast (last rego).

And yesterday.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.