View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

While the M3 is a neat car I think there are way way to many of them for them to climb to collectible status in the next 10 years or so. The older M3 of the early 80s were made in far fewer numbers I believe then the M3s of today and they do have some perceived collectibility at this time but they still are not terribly expensive.

Rodknock: Very simply, having been a part of the FGT community for a couple years now I can tell you that many owners do drive their FGTs hard, modify them up to 750+hp and many track them. My extrapolation was based on the attrition numbers from 2005 to 2007 at roughly 10% to 15% of total production. My extrapolations are based on the above 2 years which is all I have to go on. I can also buy that 2000 to 2500 FGTs is all that will be left in 10 to 20 years as being in the ball park too but as I said there are many desireable collector muscle cars from the 60s that were produced in equal or more numbers to the FGT.