Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   AC Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ac-cobra/)
-   -   Atlanta CLUB COBRA (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ac-cobra/41712-atlanta-club-cobra.html)

chill 05-22-2003 10:31 AM

Atlanta CLUB COBRA

If you are reading this, you have found the newest club forum on Club Cobra... AC COBRA = Atlanta Club COBRA.

Due to the large number of Cobra owners and enthusiasts in the greater Atlanta area, we wanted to try to have a place to meet on-line to coordinate local activities.

This is not an effort to split from or dilute DSCC or ClubCobra.

If we were to have a charter it would be...

"to support and enhance Cobra activities and enthusiasm, and to increase the opportunities for local interaction and relationship building in the Greater Atlanta and surrounding areas."

Many of us are as interested in the personal interactions as the metal, and/or fiberglass.... and I know that, to many of us, being able to get to know and get together with local owners for lunch, or a drive in the country was a large part of the attraction and commitment to their Cobra project.

Now let's get out and drive!!

ToyCollector 05-22-2003 10:34 AM

Hey Clyde, You beat me to it, but said exactly what I would have written. Well done. Hopefully with enough traffic we'll eventually get our own pull down menu off the local clubs menu bar!!

No that this is done, time to call the Kirkhams!!

Johan 05-22-2003 10:45 AM

Wow, catchy name...A C Cobra, ya gotta love that !
Hopefully the rain will quit soon. I'm planning on waxing my car this weekend and actually going for a drive, as I can't remember the last time I did either ! I've also decided to build a small addition to my garage, and I plan on working on that. Can you tell the wife's out of town ? What was it Braveheart yelled before he was sectioned .....FREEDOM !
Chill, is your car ready to go yet ? How's she coming ?

Johan 05-22-2003 10:51 AM

Well, Ive been sort of browsing the site, looking through all the different topics, etc.
Anything new going on ?
TC, beer (I'll even bring it) at your house with the new arrival ?

ToyCollector 05-22-2003 10:53 AM

John,

I think Chill is mobile with his car already John. So you are hanging around instead of "beaching it" this weekend?

Just got off the phone with the Steve Kirkham. Just as I suspected when we spoke John, I needed to remind them to include the exhaust. Timing was perfect, car is getting picked up this afternoon. Passport Transport is quoting a week's time for delivery, but I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Missing from delivery will be foam for inner fender wells, driveshaft (they want me to get an EXACT measurement once engine is in place), and guages. I will need to cut the exhaust holes in the aluminum :rolleyes: :CRY: , I better not slip!! Foam will ship seperate.

I got a whole lot to do before DVSFIII, yikes.

ToyCollector 05-22-2003 10:54 AM

Yes, certainly beer at my house with new arrival. Actually, since it is a roller, I may need to meet the guy at the shopping plaza up the street and put it into my enclosed trailer, and then get to my house, we'll see, so I may need help.

Johan 05-22-2003 11:35 AM

Selfish, but I want to hang around and drive my car instead of standing in the garage watching it rain. I guess I'll be cooking out too so if you're in the hood, stop on by.

GeorgiaSnake 05-22-2003 11:45 AM

I have no idea how I found our new site, never the less I'm glad it's here. T.C. hollar when you need the help loading / unloading. I will even do it without beer just so I can feel the aluminum bend under my hands as we struggle.

I should be finishing up the painting Sat (engine bay) and hopefully mounting the body within the week (may need a bit of help so the weekend is more likely).

To kick off our new site I think we should get together - how about Silver Springs - we can rent a bus and leave the driving to them.

Randy

chill 05-22-2003 12:09 PM

On the road...

Johan,
Car is mobile and I have about 200 miles of short hops, check, tighten, and repeat so far.....

GS/TC,
Definitely let me know when you need a hand, I can't wait to see your car back in one piece, and to help you bend up TC's beer can....or his car...or, well 'nuff said.... :LOL:

...off to SAAC!...

patrija 05-22-2003 12:17 PM

Our own little slice of heaven ... and happy to be here!

TC - let us know when delivery date is going to happen. I'd love to cruise over as well if it's a night or weekend. :)

Johan 05-22-2003 12:49 PM

Darn it I want to go to SAAC too. Is there a particular hotel that you guys are staying at ?

ToyCollector 05-22-2003 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Johan

...I've also decided to build a small addition to my garage, ...
Small??? Who you kidding? The wife? :D :D :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

ToyCollector 05-22-2003 01:29 PM

ForumID=99 by the way.

excelguru 05-22-2003 02:30 PM

Mike - Call me on my mobile when your car arrives, just in case I'm in town that weekend. I'd love to see it.

Keith :)

GeorgiaSnake 05-22-2003 03:17 PM

A.C. Cobra has been alive less than a day and T.C. is already using coded words to throw off peering eyes - I love it -ForumID=99 by the way - does that mean meet at your house for ribs and beer or does it mean chill is anal ?

Randy

ToyCollector 05-22-2003 03:22 PM

John,

I think most are staying at the Grand Ol Opry Hotel or whatever it is called. Shoes and shirts required by the way. And they count the towels when you leave. Just a few tips.;) :LOL:

Randy, what peering eyes? :LOL: Holler when you need help, especially since I am the closest to you.

aumoore 05-22-2003 03:33 PM

Does this mean you have disbanded from the DSCC and started a rogue group intent on running wild over north GA? or do you consider yourself one of our local chapters who plan on geting with your other DSCC members?

Ruble

ToyCollector 05-22-2003 03:42 PM

See initial post, no and yes..or is it yes and no !! :JEKYLHYDE . Just figured having some of this active babble in it's own forum made some sense. All of us will still participate on DSCC, we just wanted to get away from Spyderman!! :LOL: :LOL: Ruble, keep it quiet, shshsh, we don't want him to know

GeorgiaSnake 05-22-2003 03:43 PM

Ruble,

We do intend to run wild over both north and south Georgia, you are invited anytime and no we have not abandoned the DSCC. This is simply a more effective way to communicate locally on short notice. To plan our assault on the panhandle first and central Florida when you are looking south. :3DSMILE:

Randy

Dave Crace 05-22-2003 04:26 PM

Well, while you guys are busy with your projects, I will be taking official pictures at SAAC that I can email to someone who has time to post them on the site. John, come on up to Opryland hotel and we will have our first AC Cobra event.

DC