12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2003, 06:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     
Default Justa6--how was Run & Gun?

Are you back yet?
Old 10-19-2003, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default TC

Hi, Just rolled in the driveway and checked my Email and Club Cobra.

Run & Gun was terrific... Lots of neat cars and neater people. Most importantly no one got hurt and nothing more than a couple of spin outs on the road course, much to my chagrin I spun out AFTER the lights on the Autocross Made the fatal error of PUNCHING it in second during a very slight last turn. The 6 decided to break the tires loose and swapped ends...At least it was AFTER the lights though. Kind of fun.

The Drag Racing was good but I didn't get to see many of the other cars as I was driving my car. Had some top end handling problems with the new slicks and had to inflate them up to 16 #'s to stabilize the car. Ran a 10.71 @ 124 best time, mostly 10.8's so no major improvement there.

Anyway I'm going to bed now as I'm pooped. I'll unload the car later.

Hopefully I'll be able to see you guys on the 7th.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default ,,see what I mean?

It's just too embarrasing when justa6 posts his 1/4 mile times. And to add insult to injury, tells us how the car swapped ends when the tires broke loose.

It aint right I tell you, it is after all, just a six. I'd feel better if it had a power adder,,,,,but NOOOO.

Ernie
Old 10-19-2003, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

...wrong forum - moved to new thread.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 10-19-2003 at 09:38 AM..
Old 10-19-2003, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Excaliber

OK, OK, I'll add a Power adder. Do you have a preference? I was thinking some nitrous as I've got 11 to 1 compression and that doesn't work with a Turbo or Blower.

How big a shot? I was thinking 200 would get me well into the 9's. Now the only problem is we have some high speed handling "issues". Is it OK if I fix them first?

Also we are flying the 747's to HNL now so I might get one of those layovers. Up for a beer? I promise its more than a 24 hour layover so its OK...

Good luck with the "new one" DV builds some nice stuff...
Old 10-19-2003, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Justa6 yeah right

Justa6 Yeah right Hi Bob Gald you made it home OK. You put giggle gas in that car and I am NOT coming next year. You run some of the lowest numbers now and you want an adder. Even Bill B's DIO will not out run that car The BB car are allready having trouble keeping up with you. There is going to have to be weight added to your car to keep it even, like any great race horse we will need to handycap you . Gald you came,I hate that your 6 outruns my 8. I may have to fix that next year. Going to bed, 16 hours driving killed me. See you soon. Nice Job. Rick Lake ps I am not building a 6 unless it comes with TURBOS, 2+
Old 10-19-2003, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Rick

Glad you made it home OK also you had many more hours than me.

I wish more of the folks with Cobra's would come out next year so we could see all of the different ideas people have on what a Cobra should be.