26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1427
Not Ranked     
Default I love a woman with a British accent ...

So I was having a bad day yesterday morning and by lunchtime I had decided to go buy myself something that would cheer me back up. OK - if I was a woman it would have been some fat-chocolate flavored comfort food or an expensive purse with matching shoes ... but I ain't a woman now am I?

Old 06-29-2006, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge, Boss 429
Not Ranked     

Well done Bud. Classy ride.
I recently sold Excelsior-Henderson #977 and am beginning to miss her. Thinking about a replacement already.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossCER
Well done Bud. Classy ride.
I recently sold Excelsior-Henderson #977 and am beginning to miss her. Thinking about a replacement already.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm a big Steve McQueen fan and this bike just says "Steve McQueen coolness" to me everytime I look at it. What cracks me up is this thing brings out the questions like the Cobra does. Not so much in the way people will scream and "whoooo" at ya when you're in a Cobra, but strangers will come up and ask, "what year is it?" - "I use to have one, my uncle had one, my old girlfriend's brother had one ..."

Oh - have to admit, I had to look up a Excelsior-Henderson. Never heard of one, but I read the back story on them from their Registry site. Definitely a smooth ride that puts you out of the mainstream brand names.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I often get the fever real bad for an old Brit bike (my weakness is a red/chrome '67 BSA Lightning), but with a 16 and 12 yr old in the house I really don't want to even get them thinkin' of a 'cycle. I know I was lucky to live through my teenage years with my various 2 wheeled modes of transportation... I am not gonna put myself through the parenting side of that equation.......

Enjoyment may be 9/10's anticipation, but that last 10% is oh so sweet....
Old 06-29-2006, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 302 AFR 165
Not Ranked     

I prefer an italian accent (Ducati). That is a very nice bike.

later

dennis
Old 07-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford F100; 496 Shelby, MassFlo, BlueThunder, Kee-Al-TopLoader, Detroit Locker
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Sweet lookin' machine. Keep it oily side down.

Scott
Old 07-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4995, Keith Craft built 427 SO
Send a message via MSN to 427SnakeSC Send a message via Yahoo to 427SnakeSC
Not Ranked     

Beautiful bike svobud! I know what you mean! My wife just got the Steve McQueen DVD Biography. It shows him riding Triumphs all the time! Great bike! Take a look at my Bonne in my profile album. Tell me what you think.
"The 427 Cobra is easily the highest performance car ever sold for street use. A decent 427 - not the worst, not the best, will go from zero to 100 mph and back down again to zero in less than 14 seconds. All thing considered, you can put together a pretty good argument that the 427 Cobra is the ultimate performance car, judged on any basis you want to name." Taken from; Corvette, The Sensuous American
Old 07-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

When I was a young man...

Bought and old BSA that had been 'chopped' for dirt cheap. Forks extended so far it didn't have front brakes, no foot pegs so you just kind of held your feet up. Backfired through one carb, which would alternate between raw fuel and flames and soon caught my pants on fire. Trying to beat out the flames I ran off the road into the woods, hit a barbed wire fence. I learned a LOT fixing that bike!

Ahhh, the memories of English bikes...
Old 07-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber
When I was a young man...

Bought and old BSA that had been 'chopped' for dirt cheap. Forks extended so far it didn't have front brakes, no foot pegs so you just kind of held your feet up. Backfired through one carb, which would alternate between raw fuel and flames and soon caught my pants on fire. Trying to beat out the flames I ran off the road into the woods, hit a barbed wire fence. I learned a LOT fixing that bike!

Ahhh, the memories of English bikes...
Amazing we lived through our teen age days! Ahhh, but the memories! When you think about it, that is all we will have when we are sitting in the old Cobra Lovers Home, telling people "I remember the day...."
"The 427 Cobra is easily the highest performance car ever sold for street use. A decent 427 - not the worst, not the best, will go from zero to 100 mph and back down again to zero in less than 14 seconds. All thing considered, you can put together a pretty good argument that the 427 Cobra is the ultimate performance car, judged on any basis you want to name." Taken from; Corvette, The Sensuous American
Old 07-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

That's sweet man. It should get you in less trouble than a woman with a british accent can as well. LOL
Steve
Old 07-02-2006, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

SVO - for once, a woman's approach would have been more economical.

Like the seat - how'd your better half cope with your rainy day blues therapy?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 302 Fuel Injected
Not Ranked     

Very sweet I think you fooled a few people into thinking it was old.

I take it that its brand new...very nice, you have to look twice to see that its not from the 60's!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky
Very sweet I think you fooled a few people into thinking it was old.

I take it that its brand new...very nice, you have to look twice to see that its not from the 60's!
Yeah - I noticed a couple thinking it's a vintage bike - it's not. It's a 2006 model. Triumph re-introduced the Bonneville, Scrambler, and Thruxton - calling them "modern classics". In alot of ways, it's VERY close to the vintage bikes of the 60s-70s, but the shortcoming have been addressed for sure. It doesn't leak oil, it has VERY nice disc brakes, and modern iginition. It's also an absolute pleasure to ride.

Cracker - I change out better halfs more than I do my cars/bikes.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bud - for some odd reason, I believe you.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: roadster/coupeGT350 clone/GT40
Not Ranked     

Beautiful! Had a Triumph 21 in high school: It was a small version: 350cc/21 ci. Had english bubble rear fender and the vertical license plate mount on the front fender: stripped it down to a cafe racer, no fenders, short pipes with no mufflers: ahhh..the good ole days....cb
Old 07-02-2006, 09:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Great looking bike. looks good with the low bars on it and the reverse cone megaphones. I've been checking out the Thruxton version at my local dealer for a while now. I wouldn't mind one in my shed. I've been a fan of the British twins for a while now and built my own homage to the cafe racer based around a rough old yamaha XS650 I had in the shed. Good fun to ride but the long and low riding position is a bit painfull after a while and the kick only starter can be a pain on a hot day.

Cheers

Old 07-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Whaddya mean it don't leak oil? Heresy I tell you, CAN'T be British!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Aussie Mike - that's a swwwweeeet bike ya got right there. Very nice.

Chip - you can customize the new ones out like there's no tomorrow. I've seen a couple running the front vertical plates.

427SnakeSC - nice dude. I think I like the Norton the best tho. There's a local 73' 850 Commando for sale here in the Atlanta area - it's on Craigslist. Check it out. Talk about low mileage all original .. this thing is it.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Bud, thanks, I like the Norton best, too. It just pulls like crazy. The Triumph seems to be really nice for just cruising around town but the Norton pulls like there's no tomorrow! Beautiful bike you got there! I've been looking at them, at the local dealer. Not a bad price either.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #298, 302 5 speed
Not Ranked     

cool bike. My wife's boss bought a new Bonneville. I couldn't believe how much it rode just like the old one I had in the 70's The handlebar and seating posution were so much the same. Ran really nice. I took it on some back rodes and then on the highway for 50 or 60 miles whike he rode my Harley. It was a lot of fun.