LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006, 02:41 PM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Slumming currently with 67 GT350
Not Ranked     
Default McMichael Motorsports Open House

All,

We'd like to extend an open invitation to any/all Club Cobra members to attend the 3rd annual McMichael Motorsports Open House on September 27th, 3-7pm, as we kick off "Braselton Speedweeks", and the Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta, September 26-30. This is a Wednesday night, and a great reason to blow off work early and bring out the Cobras/Street Rods/Muscle cars/vintage race cars and join us for socializing with fellow enthusiasts and car folks. We look forward to seeing everyone, and we'll also be set up in the vendor area inside the track for the race event, look for the Superformance corral next to our trailer. Any questions or for further information, please don't hesitate to contact us, 770-965-9330. We're located directly across the street from the track entrance, 5289 Winder Highway. www.mcmichaelmotorsports.com.

Bill

Last edited by Commissioner; 09-12-2006 at 02:50 PM..
Old 09-13-2006, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Rousch 427R
Not Ranked     

We'll be there!

JungleCat
Old 09-14-2006, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2275 #50 of the anniversary edition cars. Roush 427R TKO600
Not Ranked     

Rob, you know me...always working.

trig2275
Old 09-15-2006, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Skeoch
Not Ranked     

Rob. sounds great . I am in.

please mention it tomorrow at Giovanni's. the guys will love to see your shop.

Brian
Old 09-15-2006, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #414 427 s/o w. Shelby Aluminum heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Mighty Demon 750, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default If I can weasel out of a business trip to Dallas, then..

...I will try to come drink your free beer, eat your free BBQ, and endure never ending chatter about cobras, cars, etc - Life is just so difficult

Is Mr. Brock going to make it again this year? When you're talking to him it's just like he's another guy hangin' in the parking lot, and then I go back to reading all my Cobra books and keep saying - that's him!

I think you need to start making T-shirts for this event - what is this, the third annual? Well worth it for all you who've not been!
Old 09-16-2006, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mr Brock, as in the Peter Brock ?????

Brian
Old 09-17-2006, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #414 427 s/o w. Shelby Aluminum heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Mighty Demon 750, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

One and the same....he was there last year and signed a Cobra Coupe model for me and then told us stories of his hang-gliding adventures! Very nice guy!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

very neat.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, 396W Southern Automotive Stroker, Custom 8.8 by Fabrication Concepts
Not Ranked     

I am in Denver Wed., but driving the car to the race and staying Fri./Sat. with a friend infield. See you there.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry I missed it.....out of town on business.

Any stories of note or pictures from the open house or Mitty?
Old 10-05-2006, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, 396W Southern Automotive Stroker, Custom 8.8 by Fabrication Concepts
Not Ranked     

I got thrown out at about 7:05 Friday night! It seems that this year the local po po, i.e. Beuford T Justice take jurisdiction (FOR THE FIRST TIME IN RACE HISTORY) after 7PM. So all day you can have fun doing burn outs for the local cheering race fans, and the police will laugh and cheer too. However, when I decided to "light em up" under the tunnel at 7:05, was promptly ejected for the entire weekend.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:38 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Slumming currently with 67 GT350
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSSS427
Sorry I missed it.....out of town on business.

Any stories of note or pictures from the open house or Mitty?
Now have a few photos posted from the open house on the webpage, www.mcmichaelmotorsports.com. Had a nice turnout and BBQ, thanks to those who ventured over, weather was perfect. The "Cobra Boat" was brought up by Bill Parham from Southern Automotive, 700hp 427 powered!! The shop photographer has his weekend Petit Le Mans galleries now posted on www.lightspeedphoto.net. Road Atlanta is claiming 90,000 in attendance for Petit, I think it had to be way more than that, the place was gridlocked.

If anyone wants to meet up, I'm heading to the new Summit Racing HQ in McDonough this Saturday for their All Ford show, 9-5, weather permitting, of course.