3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-09-2011, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

See Brent?? Guy buys you one lousy cam and he wants to call the shots on your web site.
This is really good for your advertising...
Old 09-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Awww, now c'mon.... it's not like I put in a request for a streaming live feed of the build room, or a live chat tech-support window, or even a "click here to order" with a secure check-out. No, I just want a simple goddamm search function so if I'm pricing Fidanza flywheels I can just type "Fidanza" in the box and *poof* it finds the right page and price. Now, really, is that asking for the moon and the stars? Am I being that unreasonable? Is that too much to ask for?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Awww, now c'mon.... it's not like I put in a request for a streaming live feed of the build room, or a live chat tech-support window, or even a "click here to order" with a secure check-out. No, I just want a simple goddamm search function so if I'm pricing Fidanza flywheels I can just type "Fidanza" in the box and *poof* it finds the right page and price. Now, really, is that asking for the moon and the stars? Am I being that unreasonable? Is that too much to ask for?
Brent, ...and you wonder why KC posts so little on the board?
Old 09-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Really guys, in that world it's so easy to add a "google button" to the site it really is a no brainer. Even if he doesn't need it now, do you think he might like for his business to grow? Shouldn't the web site help him do that? And with the new guy doing the site work it'll be transparent for Brent.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
Old eyes have a real tough time with the colors.
Some observations and personal preferences:

Preferences first...

Site looks good overall. Kudos! Personally, I find the new logo somewhat unappealing (no offense intended). I do not like the characters/font with the sharp points and it's a little bit bland with all the grey/white... that said, it looks like the 2 is leaving a cloud of dust behind it as it races off, and I think that is clever.

I agree about the colors... though it might be the fonts used in the lists. They are hard to read at that size. Maybe the characters are too thin...

I'm in agreement on the search finction... but that can be added as you go and time permits.

Overall layout is nice!

Observations...

There is plenty of room in the listing-block that displays in the center of the screen, so I'd suggest bumping up the font size a bit.

As you work together, keep in mind that sans-seriff fonts (like Arial) are designed to hold your eyes in place, as opposed to seriff fonts (like Times New Roman) that help you read lines of text, by implying to your eye the notion of underlines... they move your eyes along as you read.

As such, I'd suggest sans-seriff fonts for the lists, headings (especially important ones like the 445 Windsor cover page, etc.), and short explanations where you want to catch the reader's attention.

Conversly, use seriff fonts for descriptions where the customer has to read long lines of textual explanations, details, and such.

Looks good! Great to see this advancement in the business. Looking forward to seeing more.

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear

Last edited by PDUB; 09-09-2011 at 11:14 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Did you click on Clutch and Components? Real tough huh?

Now here. Take a look at the search function on the Fidanza website. The search function is awful. I just got a couple errors in less than 1 minute on there, plus you will get a Chevy something when you query for Ford.

Fidanza Flywheel & Performance Parts

If Brent wants to spend more time and money on the website than G-d Bless him, but gee whiz, he's not Eric Schmidt or Mark Zuckerberg. And he doesn't need to be.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Baby steps. Gotta start somewhere.

I appreciate all the constructive criticism.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Now here. Take a look at the search function on the Fidanza website. The search function is awful. I just got a couple errors in less than 1 minute on there, plus you will get a Chevy something when you query for Ford.
If my choice is between a search function that is broken and returns faulty results versus no search function at all, I will indeed choose the latter. But Brent has Zorba writing the code (and he seems pretty competent), so why not just insist on an artfully written search function? It's not like Zorba's going to write that code from scratch -- he's just going to import it from another project and then touch it up a bit. Nothing more than a quick "cut and paste" job.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: