LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2010, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     
Default Dick & jo's most excellent cobra adventure

My wife and I are going to spend this winter in Riverview, Florida as snow birds and plan on taking the Cobra with us. We purchased a 20’ stacker trailer to pull behind our motor home so my wife’s Saturn Vue and my ERA Cobra can travel with us.

I purchased my Cobra, ERA exp002, in 2004 and since then have been able to track down all of the other 6 prior owners of the car. On our way east we plan on stopping and visiting each of them as well as a stop at ERA HQ in New Britain.

We will be leaving Idaho in mid October and arriving in Florida toward the end of November. We will start out on I-84 through Idaho into Utah then switch to I-80 into Wyoming. We will spend a couple of days in Cheyenne then it’s off to Lincoln, Nebraska for a couple more days. Then it’s back onto I-80 to Runnells, Iowa just outside of Des Moines to visit Gail Rhoten who was the 4th owner of ERA exp002. Then it’s through Illinois and into Indiana on I-74 and at Indianapolis switching to I-70 into Columbus, Ohio where we will visit Doug Ford and Paul Solomon who where the 5th & 6th owners. I-71 will take us out of Ohio and through Pennsylvania on I-80 and I-84 to New York and into Connecticut. In Connecticut we will visit Bruce Bissonnette who was the 1st owner and also take day trips to Rhode Island to visit Justin O’Rourke and David Page who were the 2nd and 3rd owners. We will end this leg of our journey in New Britain visiting with Bob, Peter and the gang at ERA. The first part of November we will start our final part of the trip down the east coast along I-95 to Florida.

We plan on taking pictures and keeping a log of our adventure and will keep everyone at Club Cobra posted about our trip. I hope that I have the opportunity to meet some of you as we travel across the country and are especially looking forward to spending the winter with all of the other Cobra enthusiasts in Florida. If any of you know of Cobra activities that will be going on along our route during the last two weeks in October I would like to hear from you.

Dick