14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 12:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     
Default Working on Keith Craft open house

We are working on an open house and when would be a good time to have one. We have been thinking of March, 2011. We will have siminars with speakers from comp Cams covering camshaft tech and their new EFI products. Lake Speed from Joe Gibbs Racing talking about oils and what they have and do not have and things you need to know about them.
I will be talking about cylinder head technology as well as having my guys at thye shop to cover camshaft degreeing, Dyno testing with engine running, cylinder head flow on our 1020 SuperFlow bench. We would go over our CNC block and you would be able to see one machine as well as the CNC head machin running.
Would be a lot of information on maching and assembling engines with information about what all goes into it. We would do it on a Saturday from like 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and have lunch for everyone. We are about an hour from the Little Rock, AR air port.
I will get an exact date but was hoping you guys might have some ideals. I will be posting in some places for our drag and circle track customers as well.
Just trying to see if there would be any interest.

Thanks, Keith Craft
Old 11-20-2010, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Great idea. Our car club and possibly a few others from the Little Rock area would probably be interested in attending.

Dan
Old 11-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 408 LSX
Not Ranked     

Please try to avoid the last weekend. I assume that will be the Texas CC spring get-together and I'd sure like to do both.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Another possibility, having the open house presentation at Carlisle PA, would give you more exposure, but more expense and personal time.

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/index.asp

Kit Car Nationals: May 20-22, 2011

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/import/

OR:

Ford Nationals: June 3-5, 2011

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/eve...d%2Dnationals/
Old 11-27-2010, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

One reason I posted this was to try and get some ideals on what guys might want to see or would take the time to come to. The reason for having at the shop is to be able to show our customers and others what goes into machining and checking the parts that go into their enignes. To see the CNC machines running along with th flow bench and dyno along with some tech siminiars that would be very informative.
I have ask about this before but do not get much response so I guess people are that interested in taking the time and expense to come to the shop and see and learn some of this stuff. I would also post on some other sites as well since we do all sort of enignes.
I would not do the same weekend as the Texas Cobra Club event as I normally go to that as well.

Thanks, Keith Craft

Thanks, Keith
Old 11-28-2010, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Keith, I think your spot on in having it at your shop. I would love to come, but the economy has gobbled up all my expendable income. I'm working on cutting some costs. If I can swing it I will come, but I cannot commit to coming.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Great Idea Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithc8 View Post
The reason for having at the shop is to be able to show our customers and others what goes into machining and checking the parts that go into their enignes. To see the CNC machines running along with the flow bench and dyno along with some tech siminiars that would be very informative. Thanks, Keith Craft Thanks, Keith
The SPF folks who visited Hi Tech Automotive in South Africa experienced this type of "in shop" activity and it is a blast to see first hand how component parts get made. I believe seeing how the engine component get manufacturing on a CNC woud be outstanding and would certainly convey and give you the opportunity to point out the quality aspects of what goes into your engines. I hope you can get enough folks interested in this.

Now to the 6 million dollar question, would you have a Cammer being made at that time, now that would be awesome? Hell, I would even fly in from China just to see that set up. Cheers, John, AKA, tin-man
Old 11-29-2010, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FRR MKIII 408w
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Carb tuning demo would be great. Also vid. posted on your web site for those of us that can not attend. My 2 cents.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M 427 Top Oiler stroked to 482 by KC, Stage 2 heads, a Quikfuel and Voila, 640 hp
Not Ranked     

I'll try to come to this! A suggestion: Do a show and tell on why the Ford FE is unique and what's involved in doing a proper build up of a FE engine. You are truly one of the guru's when it comes to this. The timing is perfect for me as my 427 needs to spend some time in Arkansas this spring!

Tim

Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
Old 11-29-2010, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We always have FE engine project going so I am sure there would be plenty of that to see. I also have two Cammers going together so there would probably be someof that going on at the time as well, that kind of depends on when we get parts.

Thanks, Keith
Old 11-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a great idea! I think I would like to make the trip. I assume I would fly into Little Rock?
I'll watch this thread for when you nail down the date.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

I sent out feelers to some of the local shops and car clubs. Only heard back from one of the Corvette guys so far but he sounded very interested and knowing him, I suspect he could get a group down there. There's a number of Ford guys up here that should be interested. I think seeing a dyno in operation, some of the CNC equipment in operation and end products would be interesting. A lot of people just like to wander around and look at the assembled engines and old parts and a few interesting cars. When I was down there a few weeks ago watching my motor run, you had a number or unique engines in there that were interesting to look over - restoration Cobra Jets, old Ram Hemi, couple Chev motors, I think I remember a Cadillac motor. And then the stroker SOHC motor.

If you have enough room outside you might sponsor a swap meet as part of it.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

I hope you aren't going to skip the Texas Cobra Meet at the end of March!
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII
Neutral     

I would go.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Be pretty cool to have a bunch of Keith Craft Engine owners present to share some stories on their build and outcomes maybe even some of the cars present....
Old 11-30-2010, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You might as well get all the bang for your buck and invite horsepower tv, I am sure they would do a spill. Doesnt have to be the same day as the open house but once you do all the cleaning and houskeeping the the most bang for your buck.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I know that this will be here before we know it so I will try to get the weekend nailed down. It will not be when the Texas Cobra meet is because i will probably come to that. Having some customer cars attend would be nice as well. I do not if I have the room for any kind of swap meet.
Looking at maybe making a Friday and Saturday thing with food on Saturday. Maybe the Friday deal be more intense and the Saturday deal be a little of everything. Never done this before so just trying to get some ideals together. I would take a little time to get the shop ready and things lined up for a group walk through and tour.
When we get the date posted them maybe we can start getting an ideal of attendance. I will be posting it on other sites as well so there would be some customer with all sorts of cars.

Thanks, Keith