Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     
Default Hillbank Bra

Has anyone used one of these?

http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/s...a-427-s-c.html

I'm thinking of one not for when I drive it but for towing it. I don't have an enclosed trailer and have towed it a few times. Wrapping the front with blue tape or adhesive shipping wrap is too much of a pain, and it eventually works loose at the top and flaps in the breeze leaving scuff marks that are removed by detailing but otherwise a PITA.

I thought the Bra would work for shipping and then take it off when I get there so it won't be on long enough for me to worry about the "sandpaper effect".

Has anyone tried one?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

I bought one last year for a road trip because the area I was going tends to have more rocks on the road. There were no instructions about how to put it on and so I had to ask around to find out how to put it on properly. I thought it was great. I didn't notice any sandpaper scuff marks when I removed it. I was mostly thinking about protecting the radiator and oil cooler. I would recommend it.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I placed the order but hadn't heard so I emailed them. The bra is "under construction" - they are built on order (which is different than built to order). Usually two weeks. That wouldn't meet the drive to Phoenix, so I called. They said it's actually really being made and expected to ship by the 12th. Should be here in time for my trip to Phoenix the week of the 25th.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKIII, SPO2891, SPO1649
Not Ranked     
Default Their bra is awesome.

You will not regret buying it. Top shelf quality construction and really pretty easy to put on or take off. Have had it two years, best purchase I've made.

Hillbank Rocks.

2432 Crittenden Drive, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904
Old 04-08-2011, 06:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic Car Co. replica of 1966 Cobra made in 1988 with big block bowtie (600 hp 454), Bought about 4 months ago
Not Ranked     

Wardlow Custom Masks in Long Beach at 562-424-9850. They make bras for anything. Have one of my Contemporary and pretty happy with it
Old 04-24-2011, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My bra was supposed to ship almost two weeks ago. I got a call last Wednesday saying that was manufactured for a SPF instead of a Shelby and that it would not ship until late this coming week. Sigh...

The purpose was to protect the front of the car from road stuff while towing it to Phoenix. The lack of the bra was one of the contributing factors but ultimately the weather prevented me from bringing it down to some warm weather for a week. It was cold when I left Friday with high cross winds from Denver to Colorado Springs, and the drive on Saturday down the rest of Colorado and across New Mexico was equally windy. If I'd had the car I probably would have turned around and brought it back.

The good part is that I report at 08:00 tomorrow to the Bondurant track for the 4 day High Performance Driving class. Ought to be fun and not having the Cobra will be less of a distraction I guess. I'll keep telling myself that
Old 04-24-2011, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
My bra was supposed to ship almost two weeks ago. I got a call last Wednesday saying that was manufactured for a SPF instead of a Shelby and that it would not ship until late this coming week. Sigh...

The purpose was to protect the front of the car from road stuff while towing it to Phoenix. The lack of the bra was one of the contributing factors but ultimately the weather prevented me from bringing it down to some warm weather for a week. It was cold when I left Friday with high cross winds from Denver to Colorado Springs, and the drive on Saturday down the rest of Colorado and across New Mexico was equally windy. If I'd had the car I probably would have turned around and brought it back.

The good part is that I report at 08:00 tomorrow to the Bondurant track for the 4 day High Performance Driving class. Ought to be fun and not having the Cobra will be less of a distraction I guess. I'll keep telling myself that
Hi Tony, I would be very much appreciative if after you have taken this course could you send me a pm and let me know your opinion. I plan an taking this course after the Cobra is delivered, so your timing is great. Cheers, John AKA, tin-man
Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Best purchase I ever made for my SPF. Have used it continuosly since I got a year? ago. Zero, scuffs, scratches etc. A must have.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-man View Post
Hi Tony, I would be very much appreciative if after you have taken this course could you send me a pm and let me know your opinion. I plan an taking this course after the Cobra is delivered, so your timing is great. Cheers, John AKA, tin-man
I'll try to post some pictures next week but if you do it do nothing less than the 4 day Grand Prix Road Racing class. The first 3 days are in Corvettes, which are nice cars but have too many helpers - ABS, traction and stability control so while you can figure out what you did to get the Nanny to help, you don't get to do anything to react to whatever might have happened (usually, oversteer events).

The last day is in these awesome little Mazda Forumla cars.

Non Nanny helpers here, and definitely more applicable to the Cobra (and probably the FGT too, according to one of the instructors.)

The biggest thrill was a hot lap with Bob Bondurant in his ZR1. The ZR1 is miles above the Vettes we drove in speed and handling, and the driver topped it all off...

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 04-28-2011 at 01:12 PM..