Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Honey West drives a cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/108315-honey-west-drives-cobra.html)

PANAVIA 12-29-2010 06:57 AM

Honey West drives a cobra

Honey West , a private eye show from the 1965 season, is on YouTube courtesy of a fan,

Why this is interesting ;honey drove a white 289 cobra slab side csx2540.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=gm9KENI7jxA

If the link does not work, search on YouTube for honey west snowman , it is the 1 of 3 clip

Sent from my iPad

zrayr 12-29-2010 07:11 AM

you can get the whole series on DVD from NetFlix. The most disappointing episode was when a Rolls or a Bentley caught up with Honey's Cobra on a twisty road and forced her off the road. Not the best writing.

But she, and the car, and the Ocelot, were fabulous.

Z.

ekrupa2 12-29-2010 01:58 PM

Great find Steve...love it!

LoBelly 12-29-2010 03:25 PM

fantastic - thanks for posting the (almost) link :D

timsullivan 12-29-2010 05:27 PM

Really enjoyed watching it. But I think that 356 would have left that fat Jag in the dust in reality. Love the Cobra Phone. And Honey. Good God Honey was something else...

Here is the actual U Tube label:

Honey West - The Abominable Snowman (1965) 1 of 3

Tim Brewer 12-29-2010 07:16 PM

Cool video! I laughed when I saw the bad guy's sunglases, looked like some your mom would wear! That Honey could drive her Cobra, couldn't she!

Bill Bess 12-29-2010 07:41 PM

Great show, it was one of my favorites growing up. Living in Burbanki, Ca. I recognize those roads in the Hollywood hills by the Griffith Park Observatory.
I spent hours driving my old "clunker" 41 Ford around when I was 14 ..avoiding the cops. :eek:

Rick Parker 12-29-2010 10:38 PM

About 3 years ago I was out cruising through the nearby foothills and rolled into a very small community that I use for a destination point as it has a very cool 50's Diner with fantastic Chocolate Malts Pastrami Sandwiches. I was creeping along and ahead on the two lane road that runs through town was a guy in a pickup stopped who had his hand out attempting to flag me down. As I rolled up next to him he asked if I wanted some Sunvisors. Sure, why turn down free parts. I followed him to his nearby home whis sits on the top of one of the nearby hills. We started talking Cobras and on the wall in his garage was a 289 Eggcrate Grill, he said he had a wrinkled up front end for a 289 on the property as well. He said he had owned the Honey West car and raced it extensively in the early 80's. I seem to run into him often when I revist the community.

Jamo 12-30-2010 12:05 AM

Certain tv shows were required viewing...Sullivan, Disney, Bonanza, and per my Dad...Honey West. I think that's how I came to understand what "sultry" meant.

Like Bill noted, that was cool seeing the Observatory as it was when we used to visit it when we came to visit my grandparents in Pasadena, always at about this time of year for the Parade and the Game, and always it seemed under blue skies.

Thanks for posting that. :)

Rick Parker 12-30-2010 12:53 AM

Yes Jamo, Anne Francis would have been considered a Hottie if the phrase existed in the day, her AND dont forget Tuesday Weld..........

Outwest34au 12-30-2010 02:48 AM

That is so cool. Never seen that show before.
My kinda gal lol.

Thanks for your effort finding it.

strictlypersonl 12-30-2010 04:24 AM

Having driven an equivalent vintage Bentley years ago, anyone driving an MGA or better that couldn't leave it in the dust should have their driver's license revoked... :rolleyes:

1ntCobra 12-30-2010 06:17 AM

I wonder if that car phone was a standard Shelby American accessory? :JEKYLHYDE

strictlypersonl 12-30-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1099533)
I wonder if that car phone was a standard Shelby American accessory? :JEKYLHYDE

They didn't show the booth that was stored in the trunk. :eek:

WardL 12-30-2010 07:01 PM

How in the world did Honey get out of that Cobra so quickly when she stopped to look at the crash? She just popped out! Maybe age had something to do with it? It's a great clip!

WardL 01-03-2011 08:10 AM

Anne Francis played Honey West in this series. Sadly, Anne passed away Sunday (1/2/2011) in Santa Barbara.

bingo2 01-03-2011 08:32 AM

Anne Francis...her debut film was "Bad Day At Black Rock"; Spencer Tracy, Robert Ryan...good cast, good film.

thudmaster 01-03-2011 10:08 AM

Anne Francis died this weekend..............:(

KevinM 01-03-2011 10:53 AM

Here is the link to the full season DVDs on Amazon. Well worth the money just to see the 289.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Kevin

KevinW 01-03-2011 12:26 PM

more here (if you scroll down).
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...Cobra-289.aspx

cant find a free video link to Honey that works though :( (account deletetd?)