Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #1058
Not Ranked     
Question Age old insurance question...

Sorry to beat a dead horse....but car will be finshed soon,,,just looking for info on current prices and experiences....will be in Florida and hope to put 3-5000 miles per year...thanks all....Bill
Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1073 Keith Craft Genesis 427FE/482 CI
Not Ranked     

Robbin at Midwest Classic.

888-271-4000

Midwest Classic Insurance
Old 10-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

A number of Threads using the search term: insurance coverage

Club Cobra - Search Results
Old 10-04-2011, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc30 View Post
robbin at midwest classic.

888-271-4000

midwest classic insurance

ditto..........................
Old 10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2303, Titanium Silver, Roush 427 SR/TW, AED Carb, Firefly Sides, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

State Farm. Currently $276.00 per year.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Really ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajames View Post
State Farm. Currently $276.00 per year.
When you get a minute, tell me more...bart
Old 10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #318, 418 CI, 532 RWHP, Mass Flow Injected, TKO600-Road Race, BMW M3 Suspension, Race Springs (Wouldn't do it again, rough on the street).
Not Ranked     

State Farm here too. Have 2 other street cars, a HD bike and the house with them as a package. Submitted pictures and costs related to the Backdraft. No milage limit, but listed as not a daily driver, which it isn't. $520 a year here
in California with full replacement value.

Maybe I can do better?

Last edited by wrogers55; 10-04-2011 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: wording
Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR from Levy Racing 302 FI w/Edelbrock Performer heads
Not Ranked     

State Farm.
Don't know what I'm paying but (5000 mile limit, 7500 for one year) I can drive it anytime, anywhere. Don't drive it anywhere near the 5000 mile limit.

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2303, Titanium Silver, Roush 427 SR/TW, AED Carb, Firefly Sides, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
When you get a minute, tell me more...bart

Bart, it is actually less when I looked up the paperwork. I was thinking it was $138.00 for 6 months, but it is actually $128.44 for 6 months or $256.88 per year. I am in Oklahoma, titled as a 1965 classic. State Farm has it listed as a Antique or Classic Motor Vehicle, no mileage limitations, $50,000.00 value, $100.00 comp, and $250.00 collision.
Hope this helps.
James
Old 10-05-2011, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

when insuring a classic car be very careful on the carrier. most insurance companies that handle regular daily driver insurance are not equipped to handle a classic or a replica when it gets crashed. you get screwed most of the time. now unless you have a prearranged value for the vehicle. now with the above post of a little over 200 bucks for insurance, alot of factors are left out there.......collision? where in the country is the car? how old is the driver? how many vehicles are on the policy?

midwest insurance for example, won't insure your daily driver. classic insurance only.
that cheap premium may not be so attractive when you get hit and the car needs repair, your 10,000 dollar paint job may be repaired by that vo-tech student at the local earl shive paint everything for 350 bucks, because the insurance company insists it being done there....so before you pull the trigger

ask alot of questions and if it isn't in writting it isn't so.......remember a insurance agent is usually only there to sell the policy, when you place a claim its someone in a far off location......

fred
Old 10-05-2011, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

oh and if i was in Oklahoma i could get cheap insurance too, try that policy near philadelphia......lol
Old 10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajames View Post
Bart, it is actually less when I looked up the paperwork. I was thinking it was $138.00 for 6 months, but it is actually $128.44 for 6 months or $256.88 per year. I am in Oklahoma, titled as a 1965 classic. State Farm has it listed as a Antique or Classic Motor Vehicle, no mileage limitations, $50,000.00 value, $100.00 comp, and $250.00 collision.
Hope this helps.
James
Thanks, I have a half dozen cars listed with Safeco as " classic cars" and even when they are in storage and only covered by Comprehensive I am paying $225 per year for the Superformance and twice that for the months (May-Sept) that I have it insured for use ($58k replacement, 3000 miles, garaged, no drivers under 28... ect...). Like a lot of people I need to review my insurance needs on occasion. I don't have any reason to think that Safeco would be any better than State Farm if I have a claim. Thanks again...bart..
Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #1058
Not Ranked     

I thank you all...great advice here...any other thoughts would be appreciated...thanks again...Bill
Old 10-05-2011, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Try Chartis - the Barrett Jackson branded insurance - but Chartis Private Client Group is the underwriter. My CSX Cobra policy with a 120K agreed value including the mandatory 100/300 liability was ~600/year.

That is their old $0.40/100 rate, and it will continue. They are rearranging their "customer base" so you may or may not be able to get that rate. My policy for my $190K Ford GT will be $1.00/100 or 1900 + liability. Still better than any of the others. I could have gotten $0.60/100 with a multi-car discount, but the Cobra is being sold as I write this so I could only get the middle rate because of the prior history. Some people with new cars like Shelby SuperSnake GT500s are being quoted $2/100 for agreed value.

You've got nothing to lose by asking. TDC Risk Management is the broker. In a meeting right now and don't have time to google a link. By the way, I got a hell of a deal on my other insurance (homeowners, daily driver auto coverage) by moving all of the business to them. These policies are from Auto Owners group (who've been around for a long time and get good ratings.) Paying annual instead of 6-month premiums gets another 10% discount. The point here is that when shopping for collector car insurance shop the whole package.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SuperPerformance 250 / 427 +
Not Ranked     

Just spoke with Robin at Midwest Classic Insurance ,Was really pleased with quote , on 6 cars one being Superformance , Viper Acr, 66 Corvette Coupe/ few others he was 300 less then American Colectors wanted for just my Cobra / I have been with AM for few years but the conversation i had with them concerning adding my cobra really caused me to look around , when they ask me the use it was the typical cruise night car shows and an occasional out to dinner is when they hit me they said if i wanted to use it for the cruises and such was ok but not the occasional out dinner with my wife that was an extra $ 1000.00 per year I do not understand this but i will more then likley move everything today to new carrier
Old 10-09-2011, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Haggerty, hands down!!