Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2002, 09:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ohekk,

I talked to the new owner of my old Excal today. He is like a kid in a candy store. He must have thanked me a dozen times for selling him the car. I told him I was kinda sad when his check cleared,,,,it meant the Excal was really gone!

Your right man,,,,,I'm really having second thoughts about it all! What have I done!!!! LOL.

The Hawaii Excal is being WELL cared for and is safe and sound. No doubt getting more "wax" than it would have ever seen from me! The new owner is a super nice guy and understands my "loss". I'm sure he will let me drive "his" car again sometime, but NO WAY he is selling it back to me, lol. I have "first dibs" when he is ready to re-sale.

Keeping my eyes peeled for any others to report here!

Ernie
Old 03-07-2003, 01:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom built Excalibur 351C
Not Ranked     
Default There's more out there!

Well Guys/Gals,

We've found a few more...Thanks to Cobraeric, Aloys, DLS and Milwdoug!

Thanks you guys!

So far I think I have 40 confirmed.

I have discovered that approx 344 bodies were pulled from the molds though most of these were sold/traded.

There was also a joint venture with another firm to supply the chassis for a VERY similar body from a different set of molds.

So there could be a couple hundred hybrids out there to confuse matters.

Until I learn otherwise, I believe there were no more than 132 Excalibur JAC 427 Cobras built.

Keep Look'n

Tom "OHEKK" Hekkers

PS. Ernie... please ask the new owner of your Excal to email me!

NOTE: There will be a Red/White Excal for sale here in WI this spring
Old 03-07-2003, 06:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I understand this is the gentleman who now owns the Excalibur molds:

Bill Begella
7381 California Ave.
Youngstown, OH 44512
1-330-726-1880

Ohekk, I have and will again encourage him to keep in touch with me AND send YOU an e-mail.

Ernie
Old 04-26-2003, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Dashboard

Hi, has anyone ever take off his dashboard? If yes, is it bad work?I`m planning to put new leather on the dash as well as replace the wool-carpet with leather, dries faster. While at it I want to replace the RPM and the Speedo on the dash. How about posting some fotos of your dash to give me some ideas...?
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2003, 12:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up My OLD Excalibur.....

may be coming home to Papa! I just made a new offer to buy it back. A nice little profit for the current owner and a lesson for you guys thinking about selling your Cobra.

Think TWICE!!! Can you really find one better than the one you got? I haven't been able to match price and condition to anything the Excal has to offer.

If this deal fall through (it BETTER NOT) I guess I will have to eat my words and delete this post.

Whew,,,,,,,3 hours to go, gonna meet him at high noon. Breaking out in goose bumps, man I can't WAIT to get back in the saddle!!!!

Ohekk was sure as hell right,,,,,BIG mistake selling the Excal. It's costing me several thousand over and above sell price to correct it.

Now what to do with the Classic Roadster I also own? Oh wait, one for show and one for GO??

Ernie
Old 04-26-2003, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra 5.0 FI
Not Ranked     

Does anyone know where I can locate a replacement clutch cable for my 96 Excalibur? I can't tell if it's a standard Ford part or if it's a special build. Is that something that might be available from Classic Roadsters?

Spring is here and I have to get my toy running!!
Old 04-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur Updates!

Aloys: DLS recently removed his dash to do some updates. I understand it was a challenge however it was do-able!

Doug: the cable is NOT something special! Since we moved, all my car stuff is in storage. I don't dare play with cars until the Mrs has a a roof over her head. I'll see what I can find. In the meantime...add a spacer or a couple of washers at the threaded rod of the clutch cable and you'll gain some adjustment.

Hey...bring it by some day... or I'll see ya at Pete's on Weds?

Ernie: I hope you get your Excalibur back! need I say: I told you so?

Spring has finally arrived here in wintery Wisconsin. One more good rain and the salt should be rinsed off of the roads! It's killing me... the Harleys are starting to rumble ( We're hosting the 100th this summer here in Milwaukee) the Street Rods and Kustoms are
just getting out of storage (with a fresh scent of moth balls) and
the list of car shows and cruise nites that I'll be missing is getting longer! (snif...snif)

Also: I've located a few more Excaliburs...3 right here in the Milwaukee area, one in Denver and one in Oregon.

Happy motoring!

Tom
Old 04-27-2003, 12:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking It's Baacckkkkk......

The deal went down smooth and I have my Excalibur back!!!!

Now think about this:

What car in your past did you sell and think later, "That was the one that got away, I wish I had it now."

Well, wishes do come true! It took a couple of months but I finally got my car back! I'm REALLY stoked! Fit's me like a glove.

Ernie
Old 04-27-2003, 01:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Congratulations

This is a real good story. Should give everybody playing with Excalibur-selling-plans something to think about....
Good decision in my opinion!
Old 04-27-2003, 03:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Double your pleasure?

Ernie...congratulations on getting your car back!

That's one way to get the Red Cobra that you always wanted!

Now it's decison time!

One to race and one for show?

I'd suggest that you race the CR and show the Excalibur. You can beat the daylights out of the CR whereas the Excalibur can NOT be replaced should you ever wipe out.

Or how about putting a trailer hitch on the CR and use it for a tow vehicle?
Old 04-27-2003, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ernie,

The car that I sold that I most wished I had kept was an early 1965 Sunbeam Tiger. Of course that was nothing more then a poor mans Cobra, and at the time that's what I really wanted, so everything worked out fine.

Now all I want is an extra 150 HP on my Excalibur and life will be perfect.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
Ernie,

Keep the CR--give it to your boy but race it for a couple of years then he'll spend more time fining it than driving it

Congrats on getting your "love " back!
Old 04-28-2003, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ed Combs @ Classics by Elite was kind enough to give me the following info on my clutch cable. I thought I would post it, because I'm sure it will come up for someone else sooner or later. The clutch cable is from a 1988 Mustang GT, NAPA part # 615-1008. Apparently it is not available from Ford.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ERNIE, YOU ARE THE MAN.
HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN.
NOW WE CAN START HEARING A THAT GOOD EXCAL COBRA STUFF FROM YOU AGAIN.
GREAT NEWS,,,, B. SMITH
Old 04-29-2003, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excaliber, Ford 5.0
Not Ranked     

VIN: 123137

Sounds just like 141 listed.

Yellow with black strips with chips in all the normal places now. Below that back wheel shield takes a beating.

I have one of those Red alarm keys as well as the two grey ones, never knew what it was before.

Only problem, leaky and now cracked header and I modified the steering column it was to sloppy.

This site rocks, thanks to the people responsible.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

,,doggone headers crack a lot,,

I pulled the catalytic converters on mine and brought a single pipe down to the side pipe flange (on both sides of course). Anybody know of REAL hearders that will bolt in? The Factory "shorties" are WAY to restrictive and even with the cats gone they STILL crack!

Ernie
Old 04-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Welcome aboard David!

You are right...this place rocks!

A great way to say thanks is through the annual fund drive that Turk graciously co-ordinates!

I can't tell you how much I've spent on magazine subscriptions and newsstand purchases...whereas this place offers so much more. My contribution to Brent is my way of saying thanks!

Dave...I enjoyed our brief phone conversation...sounds like you got a great deal on your Excalibur!

Stay tuned!

Lets get all the local Excaliburs together some day! there's about 10 that I know of right here in SE Wisconsin.

oh...and if you run into the guy with the white one ..have him sign in here

Tom
Old 04-30-2003, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry HEADERS

..can`t hear the word anymore. Full of holes, had them welded last year, now they`re starting to blow again.
Bought a set of Street Rod Headers (M 9430 T 302 CT Ford Racing) for mucho dolares, they fit beautyful but they are to long, no space for the rest of the exhaust stuff. Going to try again this winter with flexible connections.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry HEADERS

..can`t hear the word anymore. Full of holes, had them welded last year, now they`re starting to blow again.
Bought a set of Street Rod Headers (M 9430 T 302 CT Ford Racing) for mucho dolares, they fit beautyful but they are to long, no space for the rest of the exhaust stuff. Going to try again this winter with flexible connections.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE LOOKIN FOR ? ?