Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Please confirm direction of knock-offs (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/115988-please-confirm-direction-knock-offs.html)

ViperGuy 06-11-2012 08:03 PM

Please confirm direction of knock-offs

1 Attachment(s)
Please see attached picture. The wheels are Trigos and the spinner is stamped Shelby. The car is a CSX4xxx. Researching these forums I've read that both sides of the car's spinners should spin toward the front of the car for removal. Correct?

fordracing65 06-11-2012 08:14 PM

edit post

TimeForACobra 06-11-2012 08:15 PM

Yes, that is correct. Or at least that is the way it is supposed to be.

fordracing65 06-11-2012 08:16 PM

Yes, that is correct. Righty tighty, lefty loosy, does not apply in this case.

SoTxButler 06-11-2012 08:24 PM

My trick to remember is by thinking about a really tight a** on a beautiful woman, you know the taillight section....now translated, no matter which side of the car...tighten toward the a**.

timsullivan 06-11-2012 08:40 PM

"Tight Ass"

Just remember "Tight Ass". Always tighten in the direction of the rear of the car.

ViperGuy 06-11-2012 08:44 PM

Thanks for the fast answers guys! This is what I thought.
These SOB's do not want to come off! :CRY:
The car was built in 1999 and has 2K miles. I'm guessing these have never been removed. :(

Time to order a lead hammer. ;)

Dimis 06-11-2012 08:44 PM

Wheel care by Dennis Olthoff.

Superformance Cobra, Daytona Coupe and GT40 Wheel Care - YouTube

Enjoy...

elmariachi 06-11-2012 09:26 PM

Or if you aren't an ass man, just remember that they tighten opposite of the way the wheel rolls. Otherwise....what would be the point, right?:cool:

CSX3018 06-11-2012 09:27 PM

Sophmoric

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...solutely_1.jpg http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...solutely_1.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by timsullivan (Post 1195174)
Just remember "Tight Ass". Always tighten in the direction of the rear of the car.

gjcomb 06-11-2012 10:38 PM

Rim removal on my car is as follows:

Rims that are on the passenger side - hit the spinner in a clockwise direction to remove the spinner; Rims that are on the driver side - hit the spinner counter-clockwise to remove the spinner.

As I understand, clockwise removal for the rims on the passenger side was due to the fact that cars were right-hand drive....GC

CSX3018 06-11-2012 11:02 PM

You dumb ****

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperGuy (Post 1195166)
Please see attached picture. The wheels are Trigos and the spinner is stamped Shelby. The car is a CSX4xxx. Researching these forums I've read that both sides of the car's spinners should spin toward the front of the car for removal. Correct?

Why does the farmer take the sheep to the cliff ?
PUSH BACK !

vatdevil 06-12-2012 04:09 AM

Loosen with forward rotation of tire.....tighten against forward rotation of tire.

razerwire 06-12-2012 05:53 AM

I remember the phrase ( back on ) . I jack up car and turn wheel so ear of wing on spinner is where I want it and let the car back down so there is weight on ground before hitting with lead hammer. If spinner won't come loose after several hits I jack back up and turn wheel so I can hit on next ear, then let car back down on ground before hitting. I don't like hitting on just one ear of spinner and don't like hitting with wheel off the ground. When putting wheel (back on) I use white grease instead of anti-seize , its just less of a mess and works just as good or better.

jhv48 06-12-2012 08:16 AM

All are good reminders.

I use the following saying to remember which way to turn the spinners: "Right is Wrong." Thus, the spinners on the right side of the car turn the "wrong way".

KevinW 06-12-2012 09:55 AM

related question

can I also ask -

should you put copper slip or similar on the backs of the wheels to aid removal or not?

at work here the guys tell me that the friction on the back face of the wheels against the hub is the primary driving force, and the pins are purely to locate the wheels in the correct place on the hub.

but I have seen posts where folk state that if you dnt add some grease or similar, then the wheel(rim) can rust on making it a SoB to remove.

jon@harrison.ne 06-12-2012 10:07 AM

I have heard dozens of directions on how this should be done but the only one that makes sense to me, emphasis on "me", and the one I can remember is:
"Right hand threads on the left side of the car and left hand threads on the Right side". Of course this assumes that one knows what right and left hand threads are and that the driver side in the US is the left side of the car.

jhv48 06-12-2012 04:10 PM

I apply a thin film of anti-seize on all points of contact between wheel, hub and spinner.

Got the Bug 06-12-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhv48 (Post 1195322)
I apply a thin film of anti-seize on all points of contact between wheel, hub and spinner.

And use some gloves. :)

maurice19 06-12-2012 04:54 PM

All good advice,
and make sure to put the spinners back on the side of the car they came off of, they won`t interchange.
Maurice