Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Attention West Coast Cobra Owners!!!Please Read!!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/116517-attention-west-coast-cobra-owners-please-read.html)

BAsque1 07-23-2012 05:31 AM

Attention West Coast Cobra Owners!!!Please Read!!!

Folks:
It seems that we are a very small minority of Cobra owners and at times we are left in the outfield when it comes to Cobra discussions .

Some of the old posts back to 2009, showed someone tried to obtain some kind of parts manual. Has anyone been lucky enough to obtain one so we can all benefit from it?

I have been putting together parts replacements only when it comes to my engine; a real 427 FE Side Oiler. We need to expand this list/manual, so if anyone purchased their car new and has a a manual and can share some info it will be really appreciated. If you want to send it to me I can reproduce for all as a PDF document.

We need to maintain a WCC network to brainstorm problems out.
I established an excellent relationship with the NY dealer of WCC; Perry Adams very helpfull.

If you still own a WCC and want to get this going send me a PM or respond to this appeal.
Sincerely
Basque1(Lou)

FWB 07-23-2012 07:44 AM

Lou,

i don't think there is a very comprehensive manual, i have a manual for the kellison, but it's not quite the same. it's circa 1980.

if you or any one needs help with replacement parts, i would be happy to lend a hand, i have most stuff sourced(not from Vern)

i will set up my dropbox account with the manual so it can be downloaded,
i'll repost when its ready

BAsque1 07-23-2012 09:01 AM

FWB:
That would be great, at this point anything is better than waht we have. I gave up the idea of getting much help from Vern. It is upsetting because this is a great car and it is impacting on the value of our cars not having the customer support that it should have.
Sincerely
Lou

Cobraqcca 08-04-2012 11:35 AM

Hi Lou -

I'm in the process of building a "new" WCC kit from Vern that was finally delivered around Mid-May!
There was NO manual included, but I have found that everything is pretty straightforward....the kit itself comes pretty much complete! I'm like many on this forum and have been upgrading and personalizing it along the way!
You are right, it is a great design and Vern's customer service (or lack thereof) doesn't help instill confidence! It would be nice to have a parts interchange list however, at least for the stuff that potentially needs to be replaced longer term....brake pads, rotors, etc.
If you want to start a list of these items, I might be able to help 'fill in the blanks' so to speak, because I have researched many of these items over the last few months to acquire the "upgraded" replacements!
You also must realize that we do not know for sure that all of Vern's units are identical, as far as the running gear goes, so sometimes there may be instances where the parts are not quite the same! I would, however, venture to say that probably 95% are the same.....I think Vern has stuck to what he knows works!
Let me know how I can help!

Regards,
Gary

Mohuska 08-04-2012 08:29 PM

WCC Manual

I am the guy who originally was looking for the manual. I have had my WCC for 10 years and have little idea about the details of the car. Vern's customer service has bee non existent. I agin ask all the WCC owners to help with their collective experience

1blackbb66 08-04-2012 11:24 PM

I haven't spoken to Vern for quite sometime, but when I have, he has always been quite helpful. I have read many posts about his lack of good customer service and follow through, but I myself have not had any problems. A couple years back I found someone that had a PDF of the manual and I printed it out. My computer blew up not long after, so I lost the file. They are out there. It wasn't the best manual I've ever seen, but it served the purpose. My car was built in 1992 and I have owned it for the past 8 years. I think it's a great car and don't really give a $hitt about what people say about the WCC not being "correct" or even being a Cobra.
It would be nice to have some other WCC owners to consult with and chat about the car.

Ray

BAsque1 08-05-2012 04:36 AM

Hello Guys fellow WCC owners:

Thanks so much for all your replies, this makes it worth it. I agree that we must forget about Vern and his lack of Customer Service, and move on to getting our heads together for the purpose of making a solid list of replacement parts that are common to all the cars.

I just got a PDF assembly manual with parts #s etc from another WCC or WCC clone the Kellison and it is extremely close to what we have. My car was supposedly built in 1984 with a 427 real side oiler and a 5 spd Doug-Bash tranny coupled to a Ford 9" rear non IRS.

If you all send me your respective emails I can send you the manual. Or if you guys have some infor or manual for the car we can should share them.

I agree with Ray the fact that it ios not the common type Cobra...who cares, it is a great looking car and performance wise I have no complaints. But we all need to replace parts at some point and not knowing the origin it is a guessing game. I for instance had to replace the alternator this past week, it was a monumemntal task to convice the space cadet behind the counter to look up an engine and not a car, finally I got so frustrated that I said look for a ford fairlane 1965!!! he said what is a Fairlane? I knew I was in trouble then . Eventually by parts matching we got one and it worked.
This is the kind of nonsense that infuriates me .
I hope to hear from all of you and once again tks for your replies.
Basque 1 (Lou)

BAsque1 08-05-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1blackbb66 (Post 1203445)
I haven't spoken to Vern for quite sometime, but when I have, he has always been quite helpful. I have read many posts about his lack of good customer service and follow through, but I myself have not had any problems. A couple years back I found someone that had a PDF of the manual and I printed it out. My computer blew up not long after, so I lost the file. They are out there. It wasn't the best manual I've ever seen, but it served the purpose. My car was built in 1992 and I have owned it for the past 8 years. I think it's a great car and don't really give a $hitt about what people say about the WCC not being "correct" or even being a Cobra.
It would be nice to have some other WCC owners to consult with and chat about the car.

Ray

Hello Ray:
are you a member of the West Coast Cobra owners, if not please sign up and I will ask to be-friend you.
Tks for the input
Lou

BAsque1 08-05-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobraqcca (Post 1203381)
Hi Lou -

I'm in the process of building a "new" WCC kit from Vern that was finally delivered around Mid-May!
There was NO manual included, but I have found that everything is pretty straightforward....the kit itself comes pretty much complete! I'm like many on this forum and have been upgrading and personalizing it along the way!
You are right, it is a great design and Vern's customer service (or lack thereof) doesn't help instill confidence! It would be nice to have a parts interchange list however, at least for the stuff that potentially needs to be replaced longer term....brake pads, rotors, etc.
If you want to start a list of these items, I might be able to help 'fill in the blanks' so to speak, because I have researched many of these items over the last few months to acquire the "upgraded" replacements!
You also must realize that we do not know for sure that all of Vern's units are identical, as far as the running gear goes, so sometimes there may be instances where the parts are not quite the same! I would, however, venture to say that probably 95% are the same.....I think Vern has stuck to what he knows works!
Let me know how I can help!

Regards,
Gary

Hi Gary:
Tks for your input Buddy, I agree 150% with you see my general posting to all I have the Kellison manual sent to me in PDF we all can share it, it is pretty close.
I will be-friend you as well, are you a member of the WCC owners in this forum, if not I suggest that you join in .
Regards
Lou

BAsque1 08-05-2012 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mohuska (Post 1203430)
I am the guy who originally was looking for the manual. I have had my WCC for 10 years and have little idea about the details of the car. Vern's customer service has bee non existent. I agin ask all the WCC owners to help with their collective experience

Hello Mohuska:
I agree, I have a Kellison manual in PDF which is pretty close to our car. Send me a PM with your email and I will email you a copy, that's a start.
Are you a member of the WCC owners in this forum, if not you should join. I will send you a friend request.
Regards
Basque 1 (Lou)

FWB 08-05-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Ray

Ray, do you have any part numbers, from the box preferably, for the windshield ?

-------------

lou, you may have a tough time emailing the manual, its 21 meg

give him the link to my dropbox and he can download it, or forward my email to him and i'll send him the link if you don't have it anymore..

Fred

BAsque1 08-05-2012 08:12 AM

Fred:
Ok I can do that too.
Lou
PS
By the way I will send you a PM regarding a question on the MSD 6A system, I see that you have it too.

BAsque1 08-05-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Ray

Hello again Ray:
Here is a link I got from Fred for the Kellison manual it is 21meg so it is a big file to download.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sjju635o6pzt7a/wccmanual.pdf
Let me know if you have any problems
Lou

Mohuska 08-05-2012 01:52 PM

Dropbox

Dropbox is a great program. It is free and we can share updates to the manual easily.

Go to Dropbox.com

Mike

BAsque1 08-05-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FWB (Post 1203484)
Ray, do you have any part numbers, from the box preferably, for the windshield ?

-------------

lou, you may have a tough time emailing the manual, its 21 meg

give him the link to my dropbox and he can download it, or forward my email to him and i'll send him the link if you don't have it anymore..

Fred

Fred:
I understand that all Cobra windshields are the same I had to replace mine a few months ago due to a stone chip. UNfortunately I don't have the box, I guess I should have taken the part# from the box.
Lou

Cobraqcca 08-05-2012 08:09 PM

Hi Fred -

I have a pic of the label off the windshield box - it shows where Vern got it from!
I'll email it to you if you PM me with your email address!

Regards,
Gary

FWB 08-06-2012 06:08 AM

excellent....PM sent..

1blackbb66 08-06-2012 08:27 AM

Fred, Lou,

Thanks for the manual link. I would like to check that one out to see how it compairs to mine. As far as the windshield, all I have is the WCC part number from the build sheet which is L4-0123. This probably won't do anyone any good cause it's just a random # WCC gave it. I had thought the windshield was common with others and it's good to hear it is as mine is starting to de-laminate around the corners and will have to be replaced at some point.
I accepted your friend request Lou.........thanks.

Ray

FWB 08-06-2012 09:14 AM

looking for a WAGS number for the glass.....will be somewhere on the box.
the number in your post may be significant i'll have to check

BAsque1 08-06-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1blackbb66 (Post 1203666)
Fred, Lou,

Thanks for the manual link. I would like to check that one out to see how it compairs to mine. As far as the windshield, all I have is the WCC part number from the build sheet which is L4-0123. This probably won't do anyone any good cause it's just a random # WCC gave it. I had thought the windshield was common with others and it's good to hear it is as mine is starting to de-laminate around the corners and will have to be replaced at some point.
I accepted your friend request Lou.........thanks.

Ray

My pleasure Ray.
Lou