Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Can anyone help identify this Cobra kit? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/117028-can-anyone-help-identify-cobra-kit.html)

yuiou 08-30-2012 09:33 AM

Can anyone help identify this Cobra kit?

Hey Guys,

New member here, looking at a cobra for sale locally.

Can someone here identify this kit?

2006 5.0 Cobra Kit

Thanks.

SunDude 08-30-2012 09:56 AM

That particular Cobra replica has been for sale in Ontario for ages now.

Not sure which kit it is, though, as I haven't seen the car in person. My (educated or wild-assed) guess is that it's either a Shell Valley or a Cobra International (Midland ON, now defunct).

Call the seller and let us know what you find out.

yuiou 08-30-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDude (Post 1207872)
That particular Cobra replica has been for sale in Ontario for ages now.

Not sure which kit it is, though, as I haven't seen the car in person. My (educated or wild-assed) guess is that it's either a Shell Valley or a Cobra International (Midland ON, now defunct).

Call the seller and let us know what you find out.

Thanks for the quick reply. How long is "ages"?
Do you know anything about the cars history? The dealer doesn't really know much.

Thanks.

computerworks 08-30-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDude (Post 1207872)
guess is that it's either a Shell Valley..

Not a Shell Valley. That is a dreadful body. :rolleyes:

yuiou 08-30-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computerworks (Post 1207874)
Not a Shell Valley. That is a dreadful body. :rolleyes:

Are you referring to the Shell Valley kit or the one in my post?

Thanks.

BAsque1 08-30-2012 10:26 AM

It is an "unusual " body indeed, have you asked the seller as to how is it titled and any manufacturing details ?

computerworks 08-30-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuiou (Post 1207875)
Are you referring to the Shell Valley kit or the one in my post?

Thanks.

The one in your post....it is a horrible replication in many ways.

SunDude 08-30-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuiou (Post 1207873)
Thanks for the quick reply. How long is "ages"? Do you know anything about the cars history? The dealer doesn't really know much. Thanks.

I probably first noticed the car being listed for sale 1.5 years ago (early 2011). Since then it has bounced around from seller to seller, mostly dealerships. Who knows, possibly it's been for sale longer than that.

I don't think the sellers know what it is. It's been vaguely and/or erroneously described. One guy described it as a Factory Five -- which it's clearly NOT -- that was built in 2006 by "66 Snake Works of Palgrave and Jesse's Toys of Oshawa," whoever they are.

I never contacted any of the sellers, so don't have much more info to share. To my eye it mostly resembles a Cobra International kit, but the hood scoop and nose remind me a bit of Shell Valley (they had a rep in Ontario a few years ago).

The asking prices have been in the $30-45K range. IMO there are probably better buys out there.

Maybe the dealer, as the vehicle owner, could contact the MTO and get some more info about how this particular kit car was originally registered. It'll still be on microfiche. The car has a repop mfr ID plate with the following VIN number on it: SWL66302070706427. Maybe that's the one the MTO uses too.

bran3b 08-30-2012 02:00 PM

looks like dropped floor boards similar to Midstates/Shell Valley too but the driver's side has a floor mat that doesn't really fit. I also thought that some, possibly early Shell Valley cars, had that more vertical windshield.

tcrist 08-30-2012 02:27 PM

As for the looks, If it were a normal car I would say that it has been rear-ended and the frame was bent up and the back of the car was bent down. It just does not look right to me. Still does not mean that it is a bad car. Personal preferance.

TButtrick 08-30-2012 05:22 PM

What a freakin abortion.

http://images2.resonanze.com/1019/10...47328750_8.jpg

mrmustang 08-30-2012 07:13 PM

I'll bet you that is not even on a 90" wheelbase, someone who is close needs to do a measurement, looking a lot shorter than that. Can't say I have ever seen a body like it on any other replica, not ever.

Bill S.

computerworks 08-30-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1207969)
Can't say I have ever seen a body like it on any other replica, not ever.

Weird shape, strange rear bulkhead, distorted dimensions, wide sills...

..those are earmarks of a design meant to go over some existing chassis.

(like several from past years...but this one is not a known one to me either)

TButtrick 08-30-2012 07:29 PM

The body line from the front headlight to the back of the door is seriously interrupted at the front of the door. Thats a B&B trademark but nothing else makes sense.

Wbulk 08-30-2012 08:06 PM

Not a B&B or LA Exotics. To many things wrong.

CowtownCobra 08-31-2012 02:44 AM

Stealing a line from Fargo - Kinda funny lookin'

DanEC 08-31-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TButtrick (Post 1207973)
The body line from the front headlight to the back of the door is seriously interrupted at the front of the door. Thats a B&B trademark but nothing else makes sense.

That was my thought too - although doesn't LA Exotics (something like that) have the same characteristic? Looks like a B&B someone did a butt-drop on - which is not something it needs.

tcrist 08-31-2012 07:16 AM

I have no clue as I can hardly tell the differance between any anyway.

Looks as though the dash is molded into the body. Which one's did that?

TButtrick 08-31-2012 07:46 AM

It looks as though its a Shelly Valley that ran over an IED

Tommy 08-31-2012 09:40 AM

This discussion reminds me of an old joke whose punch line is, "You picked the ugliest one." If you don't know the joke, you won't understand what I mean.