• 1 Post By EM-0785

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2023, 08:42 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     
Default "Back in Black" West Coast is BACK!!

Cheers Gentlemen. Brent (EM-0785) & I fell into a Cobra though a couple SAAC guys which put us in touch with a couple FBI guys (One was Steve's neighbor) The Cobra in question, was Steve's West Coast, he had passed away a few years before, and his wife was ready move on. Since Brent's EM, and my Pacific Roadster are both ready for this season, we thought this could be a "Fun" project and save another Cobra. It has been a ball working together on a project we both enjoy, the car is coming along nicely, a fix on the FI unit (We now know what to order, Thanks Ed, Tom, and Kitcrabp) , more detailing which we both like to do We believe Steve's West Coast to be the most heavily optioned West Coast ever built, the Hard top is said to the first one. Will post more as we continue our journey. Would like to hear from the older members that knew Steve, Cheers Tom.
Attached Images

Ron61 and JTMCOBRA like this.
Old 04-09-2023, 12:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Tom,

Great find and quite a unique Cobra, will watch this project with interest as you learn more about the car and it's history. Looks like a lot of time, effort and thought went into this build.

- Tim
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-09-2023, 12:39 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Indeed Tim, we bought it as non-running unknown cond. Cobra, Wife had no idea, as well as his neighbor, so we took a chance, and everything has come out great!! Steve threw LOTS of money into this West Coast, using only the very best parts. The Cope Bros. (Nascar builders) rebuilt the SVO 514, to be a reliable 600+HP, 620Ft. lbs. motor, and with a Richmond 6-speed, with 9" Strange rear end (Good to a 1000HP) Supposedly, in 6th gear @ 2000RPM, it's running 82MPH. I'd say a nice cruiser As I said Brent & I are having tons of fun, working on it together. We're like two brothers from different mothers. Cheers Tom.
Snake2998 and JTMCOBRA like this.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Wow great to see this WCC will continue to be cared for and driven hopefully. You will find that these are are great street cobras and comfortable cruisers because of their weight ( they are heavy). I read the blow by blow summary of issues Steve had with his build here on CC back in the day. Its well documented here in various forums. The $ spent on that WCC Vern built car was staggering 20 years ago. Best of luck and I hope it finds a great final home with it well sorted.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Duplicate ��

Last edited by kitcarbp; 04-09-2023 at 07:10 AM..
Old 04-09-2023, 08:58 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Looking good Tom

Bill S.
Alfa02 likes this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 04-09-2023, 11:47 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

I agree Kitcarbp, the COOL little touches Steve came up with. As you guys know I have a "Wheel Fetish" and these don't disappoint. The company "Billet Specialties" built these wheels called them "Rebels" I doubt they made many at the price they were back then, the spokes are a work of art by themselves, workmanship & design are top notch. The touches of the ghost stripes, and lettering on the side above the side vent. And a stereo, the likes that may never be seen on a Cobra, Steve could probably hear his, what with an 800WATT amp, 6x9, with a bass sub-woofer under the passenger seat, and tweeters in the doors. Funny thing when we hooked up the battery and turned the key on for the first time, we heard a hum, a click, than another hum another click??? too slow to be a fuel pump, but it's coming from the back?? Steve decided one 8-disc CD player wasn't enough, so he installed 2 (16 CDs for road trips We learn new things every day Cheers Tom.
Attached Images

cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 04-09-2023, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Certainly looks maroon in the pictures.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-09-2023, 09:21 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Karlos, I have never really been into naming cars, but as some of you know, we first called it the "Sow's Ear" as it will never be a Kirkham, AK, CSX, (aka) "Silk Purse" Than the other day Brent came up with the "New" name, that now fits better, since Steve & us, were/are into Rock & Roll, we've renamed it "Deep Purple" it seems to fit better. So yes, Karlos it's Maroon, or Purple, not black. Steve's name here, was AC/DC's song "Back in Black" Sorry for the confusion Cheers Buddy, Tom.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:48 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Well, it's up running under its own power !! Under side is clean (Zero Leaks) all gears, brakes, steering, even the 800Watt stereo is LOUD I'll see if i can post a quick video. Couple underside shots. Cheers Tom. https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...=att&disp=safe
Attached Images

cycleguy55 and Harpoon PV2 like this.
Old 04-23-2023, 04:48 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Looking good
Alfa02 likes this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 04-23-2023, 10:58 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 514, Toploader 4 sp, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Well, it's up running under its own power !! Under side is clean (Zero Leaks) all gears, brakes, steering, even the 800Watt stereo is LOUD I'll see if i can post a quick video. Couple underside shots. Cheers Tom. https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...=att&disp=safe
Hi Tom,

It doesn't appear your link above worked, here's a link that should work for that.

https://youtu.be/Zr3OGVbkou0

Brent
cycleguy55 likes this.