28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cdnus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     
Default QuickJack

Any of you guys using a QuickJack by Ranger?

Name:  quickjack.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  69.1 KB

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 08-19-2017, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR with 302
Not Ranked     

I just got mine last week, took about 30-45 mins to put together.

Simply put.....I love it! It made the oil change a breeze and while it was up in the air I cleaned the entire underneath.

Here's a picture, this is not even at the highest setting, maybe 3/4 of the way to full up. The car is rock steady, no wobbels or movement. I used the 4 thick rubber pads but the thin ones will work as well.

I give it an A+.

IMG_3592 by Randy Mally, on Flickr
Old 08-19-2017, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #812 427/482 FE
Not Ranked     

I am really glad to see this thread. I have been thinking about getting a quick jack. It will be great to see what people say about them.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Randy,

Thanks for the reply. Are you able to use jack stands and remove the lift to get it out of the way?

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 08-20-2017, 03:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Could you please post a picture of your quick jack without the car on it? I would like to see just what it looks like as I am not sure it would work on my car but I too have been looking for something easier than my Kwick Ramps to use.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMally View Post
I just got mine last week, took about 30-45 mins to put together.

Simply put.....I love it! It made the oil change a breeze and while it was up in the air I cleaned the entire underneath.

Here's a picture, this is not even at the highest setting, maybe 3/4 of the way to full up. The car is rock steady, no wobbels or movement. I used the 4 thick rubber pads but the thin ones will work as well.

I give it an A+.

IMG_3592 by Randy Mally, on Flickr

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-20-2017, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgermond View Post
Randy,

Thanks for the reply. Are you able to use jack stands and remove the lift to get it out of the way?
You can, just set your stands and slowly lower onto them. I always keep one in the front for safety although I don't think the QJ will ever fail......but hey safety first. The creeper will hit the QJ going down the middle but you can still access every part of the car. If your doing any brake work this is perfect.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Could you please post a picture of your quick jack without the car on it? I would like to see just what it looks like as I am not sure it would work on my car but I too have been looking for something easier than my Kwick Ramps to use.

Ron
Hey Ron,

I'll try and grab one later, in the mean time just google quick jack 3500. There are lots of pictures and videos. If you need to lift more than 3500 pounds be sure to get the 5000 series or bigger.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 781, 69' 428CJ, PPG BLACK. ERA 3005 Arctic White 331 SBF
Not Ranked     

Just got my Quickjack 3500 on Wednesday and started playing with it yesterday. Pretty simple to assemble, although pressurizing the tiny air tanks was a PIA. The quickest little bleed drops the pressure by 6 or 7 psi and it took a little doing and some luck to get them both reasonably close to the recommended pressure. Clearance was close, but they slid right under the mufflers under the slabside. Even for this well nourished old fart it was a breeze and once I pushed the up button the magic began. Haven't gone all the way up yet, but even 3/4's brought the car up to a height that will make cleaning and adjusting things so much easier. Love having it stable and all 4 wheels off the ground. Tired of jacking up one corner at a time. So far, all good. I'll let you know more in a couple of weeks.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

I have one and really like it. I wouldn't mind a couple more inches of height with my creeper--I'm going to try just using a pad next service to see if I like it better. As others have said, it is really sweet for just bringing the car up a few inches for detailing, etc.

Last edited by ACHiPo; 11-04-2017 at 12:46 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 408w 500 h.p. 550 ft.lbs
Not Ranked     

I was considering a set a few years ago, having a few concerns about the lightweight construction I contacted the manufacturer.
The sales rep I spoke with agreed with me and stated that he would not work under the car while on the lift as they were never intended as a full service lift.
Craig
Old 01-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK4 BluePrint 347 FFI
Send a message via AIM to slshearer Send a message via MSN to slshearer Send a message via Yahoo to slshearer
Not Ranked     

looks good to me especially with some jack stands under the frame!
Old 01-10-2018, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 408w 500 h.p. 550 ft.lbs
Not Ranked     

If you have to use jack stands to feel safe, a $100.00 floor jack will do the same thing.
66gtk likes this.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '65 Shelby Cobra, '66 Shelby GT350's
Not Ranked     

I've considered one of these lifts, but I'd be curious how stable these would be on a round tube framed car.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

You do not need jack stands with the QuickJack. Current documentation from the company claims QuickJacks are not only designed to be used as jackstands, they are significantly safer because of their more stable footprint. After lifting the car to the desired height, steel tabs are flipped against blocks and the jack lowered until it's supported by the tabs--similar to how a jack stand works.

Regarding a round tube frame, I'd think stability would still be pretty good. The rubber blocks that the frame sits on are pretty hard, but still soft enough that they are a high friction surface. You can also buy pinch weld blocks that have cut outs and might be better for a round tube application. Call or email the company to be sure--they were pretty responsive and easy to deal with when I bought my lift.
https://www.quickjack.com/quickjack-features.html

My biggest criticism is that I'd like a couple more inches of height, so I'm considering adding another or a thicker block. Either that or get a lower creeper (or lose 30 lbs!)

Last edited by ACHiPo; 01-11-2018 at 06:35 AM..
Old 01-11-2018, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '65 Shelby Cobra, '66 Shelby GT350's
Not Ranked     

Thank you ACHIPo, I'll contact the company to verify if pinch weld blocks will work.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:59 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

I have used a quick-jack, ( I believe brought from Snap-On) for years at the shop (Old School Garage). It's the best, for polishing the lower parts of the car, wheel's, pipes, etc. I've had some pretty low cars on it over the years without any trouble. My car is on it as we speak, even clear's the scatter shield. A lot more fun to polish everything low (and isn't everything low on our cars) on my roll around stool, rather sitting on our butts on the floor, I know I'm too old for that anymore